I can't seem to lose the pounds!

Options
The past year I've been working out like crazy and I stayed the same weight. So I started to meal prep a couple months, while still working out, but I'm still the same weight. I can't get rid of the tummy fat. Any helpful tips or suggestions?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day? If you are logging accurately, you may have found the calorie level that will allow you to maintain.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    How intense are your workouts?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Are you monitoring your calorie intake? Weight loss is primarily a function of food/overall calorie intake...exercise is primarily for fitness goals (which is very important of course, but it has relatively little impact on weight loss).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    With 10 pounds to lose, weight loss will be slow....like 1/2 pound a week.

Because you are close to goal accuracy for calories you are taking in is really important. Many people here use a food scale.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Without being able to view your diary, it's hard to say what may be going on. As others have said, accurate logging is the key to knowing how many calories you are actually eating. All the exercise in the world won't help if you are consistently eating over your deficit level.