Sixers Headed for the Beach Week 1

Options

Replies

• jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jmiller on that marathon!!!!! Great job... I remember my first... Definitely something to be Proud of. Hi everyone!!

Thank you!!! I just submitted an article to my works' bi-weekly newsletter to try to get other people more involved in walking, and realizing that they don't have to be runners to complete their goals. I hope to motivate a handful of my coworkers! :happy:
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead)..........................SW 155.6 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 155.6 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Cathy(chipper).............................SW 237.2 lbs / GW 229.0 lbs / CW 237.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee).........................SW 157.0 lbs / GW 152.0 lbs / CW 157.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Stacey(Stacey765)......................SW 155.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 155.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12....................SW 195.0 lbs / GW 189.0 lbs / CW 195.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Em (MLEK)..................................SW 170.8 lbs / GW 160.8 lbs / CW 170.8 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Kim (JDKLove18).......................SW 197.0 lbs /GW 192.0 lbs / CW 197.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Julie (juliebily)................................SW167.7 lbs / GW 155.5 lbs / CW 167.7 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou_24)..................SW 150.0 lbs /GW 145.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .............SW 133.2 lbs / GW 127.0 lbs / CW 133.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lb
    Lorena(reyna99)..........................SW 154.2 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Julia (jmiller0906).........................SW 134.4 lbs / GW 130.0 lbs / CW 134.4 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs

Kel (redneckwoman)....................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) ...............................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lb
    Jennifer(candycaneps)................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Amy(Amy_36)..............................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead)..........................SW 155.6 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 155.6 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Cathy(chipper).............................SW 237.2 lbs / GW 229.0 lbs / CW 237.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee).........................SW 157.0 lbs / GW 152.0 lbs / CW 157.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Stacey(Stacey765)......................SW 155.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 155.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12....................SW 195.0 lbs / GW 189.0 lbs / CW 195.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Em (MLEK)..................................SW 170.8 lbs / GW 160.8 lbs / CW 170.8 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Kim (JDKLove18).......................SW 197.0 lbs /GW 192.0 lbs / CW 197.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Julie (juliebily)................................SW167.7 lbs / GW 155.5 lbs / CW 167.7 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou_24)..................SW 150.0 lbs /GW 145.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .............SW 133.2 lbs / GW 127.0 lbs / CW 133.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lb
    Lorena(reyna99)..........................SW 154.2 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Julia (jmiller0906).........................SW 134.4 lbs / GW 130.0 lbs / CW 134.4 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Amy(Amy_36)..............................SW 200.2 lbs / GW 194.0 lbs / CW 200.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs

Kel (redneckwoman)....................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) ...............................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lb
    Jennifer(candycaneps)................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
  • amy_36
    Options
    So close to "onederland, I can taste it! I will do it this week but I dont think I will truely believe it until it sticks for a few weeks.

Hope everyone is well! Life is busy and it doesn't show signs of letting up anytime soon.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning.

julia.. what a great idea.
    amy...you are less than a stones throw now. i would feel the same way.
    julie and kim...how are you guys doing on your first week?

ok, the weekend is approaching. what are you plans to keeping it real with your self? i am trying to get away from saying diet or exercise this has to be a whole life style change or we will end up back where we started. you have to make a conscious effort with choices. everyday, every minute. it's a choice you make. doesn't matter if theres a party or special event. you make the best choose to best of abitity and feel good about them. why choose something that your gut is telling you "that's not a good choice", when there is a better choice. if there is no better choice than just take a small portion of it. you can do this.

ok, i am done with my speech. nothing planned for today. have the sprinkler going, have had no rain and the poor flowers are looking a little "down".

later
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    Morning Sixers! It is another hot one today... looks like more severe storms this afternoon as well - ugh. I am going to have to get my butt downstairs and do the elliptical if we can't go for a run. Finishing up my proposal this week - sooo excited! Hopefully once that is off my chest I can focus a bit more on my health...

chipper thanks for your "speech" - it got me thinking about the weekend and my attitude toward this change I am trying to make... I really do need to make it more a perminent part of my life and not just a "diet"... I didn't get around to cleaning out the cabinets last night - ended up going over a friends house and watching the bruins (GO B's!!!).

i have noticed that I am drinking too much lately... socially, but still, those calories add up... way up! I think I am going to try and cut out the beer during the week (I <3 one with dinner, or watching the game).... and focus on getting my water in... I think I just need to be doing soemthing (eating / drinking) when I am relaxing... so I should really just grab a huge glass of water and sip on that.... simple... but tough...

Sorry for my rant.

amy - congrats!!! you should belive it, you are working sooo hard!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    go Amy go Amy!! you got it!

I agree with Cathy, you hear it over and over, it's a life style change, well it's my new life, eating good, trying to get those exercises in, preparing for those healthy and right decisioins. I've said it before, but I was struggling during the weekends, but it was me not preparing or saying well this is what I have to eat, etc...

a lil more about me....we moved to OK right after Christmas (something new, not sure why...lol) we have been living with my hubbys sister since then, my DH has yet to find a job, we aren't where we want to be but for whatever reason here...loong story short, I am beyond stressed but try not to show it or "try" not to affect me, but I think it's catching up with me and why I haven't lost for the last 5 weeks...My SIL cooks in the evenings and well she cooks whatever, and really nothing I want to eat, so it's been hard, but I'm not letting the affect or bring my weightloss journey down....enough about that...we have our own struggles, which makes us stronger and this is def doing it! I know this healthy life I want to live is what I want and soon when my family and i are on our own again, I want to feed them better!

So, Woke up at 4:45 and ran 2 miles this morning! felt great! Want to go for another run or do a DVD tonight...

hey cathy, if you need a nice/good sprinkler check out bigsprinkler.com :)
  • chipper15173
    Options
    Lorena....why don't you cook the evening meal? just tell her you want to give her a break and cook something healthy. she might be suprised and like it. as for "big sprinkler" haha. my yard is so small one of those tick tick (that's what i call them) only needs to run 3/4 of it's spray power and not even a full circle. LOL.

it's been a day. i had a great workout at the gym this morning. my time. came home cleaned and showered and am just doing desk work right now.

hope everyone is having a great day.

kisten how are you haven't seen you lately. busy at work? lula haven't seen you either. hope everything is going good.

later
  • jdklove18
    jdklove18 Posts: 252
    Options
    So I think I need a little motivation from you all. This week is being really rough on me. I've had really late days at work (tonight I will get done at 10pm, and will have worked 13 hours), which has left me not doing any working out at all. The scale was staying the same all week, but then was up today (but only 0.5 lb). It just makes me more discouraged.

I try to watch what I am eating, and making better choices, but I am still stumbling. I have to eat in the little 5 minute breaks I have at work in between timers going off, and other experiments to start, so I tend to eat more packaged things. Maybe once things settle down (hopefully in a few weeks) I will be able to do better. I know I need to drink more water, but I really don't like it. Any good suggestions for that?

Sorry to kinda dump on all of you. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! :)
  • mlek
    Options
    jdk. i despise water... HATE it! and I love soda...so I got this new thing called a sodastream... it carbonates water, and you can add all sorts of flavors to it (I reccomend the fruit essences... rasberry-lime - YUM)... if you get the soda mixes i don't think it is much better than real soda.... but i could be wrong. now i drink 2-3L of water per day... and i feel so much better... check it out - they are a little pricy (~$70) but the refill cartriges are ~$10 and that makes 60L... so if you are like me and drink a lot of sodas, bottled drinks etc... it pays for itself prety quickly... plus it is super fun :laugh:
  • juliebily
    juliebily Posts: 13
    Options
    This week has been good so far...down 1.9lbs since Tuesday - I am sure that it is water, but still motivating nonetheless! I have to exercise (which I have 4 days this week) or I am more inclined to make poor choices. I love the encouragement from this group - this will totally help!

Sorry for all those with HOT weather....I would love it if you would send some to California!

Thanks for the support & encouragement!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning ladies....

nothing on the calendar for today. son informed last night he wants to try to be out before the end of month. YEA!!!! doing a big happy dance. now please let it come true. for newbies. i still my 30, yes 30 year old living at home. he has come and gone for the past 10 years now. this time when he leaves it's for good. we won't let him come back. we are growing back bones and putting out foot down this time. yea, i know shanell you will believe it when you see it.

julie...since i am from CA i know the weather, and after moving here to the hot, humid south i will take that weather any day. even the heat from the valley by fresno. this stuff is killer here. but, you learn to live with it. like having a pool.....
    jdk...it's all about finding a balance. i will have to do that if i get this job. i just tell myself it too shall pass. i know it's been rough on shanell with her household changes, from DH working same hours as her to working nights. she struggles with the night/bordom eating and the only one to fix dinners. it may take awhile to find the right fit to work, but, it will happen.

well, off to do an exercise on demand thing. tonight is gym night with DH. so needing to find myself a quick dinner idea.

later
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi all!

Thanks for your support ladies, i really appreciate it! It's been tough but I'll get through it!

One way I'm going to do that is by honoring the memory of my grandmother by running a 10K in September that benefits the American Lung Association. My grandma suffered from pulmonary hypertension that went undiagnosed for quite sometime and so by raising money for the ALA I'll be supporting future research into diseases like hers and many others so hopefully they will be more treatable.

In other news, in the department i work in, you are to bring treats on your birthday. We haven't had a birthday in a while and I had a REALLY good food day yesterday and lo and behold when I get to work this morning - doughnutes. Darn it! :grumble:
    Oh well, I can resist! It doesn't help that my office is directly across from the break room though. Bah.

down two pounds today from Tuesday! Yay! Hopefully maintain this weekend while a friend is in town!

I'll come back for personals later!! have a great day!!
  • amy_36
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!

Its going to be a busy weekend at my house. We went from having no plans to having a full weekend. Those are the most challenging! But tomorrow is weigh in at WW so we will see how that goes.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was out at a Pork Expo all day...in the rain... But we still had fun! Then it got nice enough for me to go for a run when I got home! But after that my legs were SO sore from all the walking all day plus my run that I decided to take the night off from Jillian. But still feeling pretty good. Back to it again tonight!

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Fruity Cheerios, skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-Banana, cereal bar
    L-Chicken Ceasar wrap with yogurt
    S-??? Maybe some popcorn
    D-Pork chop with veggies
    S- Blueberries and cream FF frozen yogurt

Exercise--
    JM Ripped in 30-week 2
    Maybe a run...depending on the weather

Have a great day and an even better weekend!!
  • mlek
    Options
    Hey Ladies. Busy day at work... counting down the hours until the weekend! Going to try and get in a nice long walk with the pups and BF tonight... I have some cleaning to do and some laundry so I may try to jump on the elliptical for 20-30 minutes as well... who knows.... I will be happy if I do something - I have been a total slacker this week! hmmm... also need to mow the lawn... to much to do too little time!

Krisitn... what is a Pork Expo... ? Sounds interesting esp. if it is really al about pork :bigsmile:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    evening....

boring day today. got the house all cleaned. rugs washed and ready for the weekend. waiting for DH to see if he's going to the gym. if not i will go and do zumba in the morning. making chicken for dinner. nothing really planned for the weekend. shanell is suppose to have a pool party, dont' know if it's still happening, haven't talked to her.

hope you all have a good weekend. remember to be honest with your self and nothing taste as good as thin feels. picture that dress you have to wear in the wedding, that swimsuit you want to get for the beach, your vacation outfits, anything you are shooting for. picture what you want to look like in say 3 months. keep a postive mind.. you can do this.....

love you guys
  • chipper15173
    Options
    aftrnoon...

no i didn't fall off the earth. my att&t services went AGAIN! woke to nothing. called and waited. hope it has been fixed for the final time. they finally sent the right person and after he made a change and the main box in the street. it popped right on. we think that's been the problem the whole time. i sit almost on top he said within 400 yards. so being so close to the "loop" could have been my whole deal. the other 4 repair men were "inside" and kept telling me i was too far from the "loop". anyway, it's up and running again. boy have i got pages of notes on this crap since it's install the end of april.

when it did come back on i didn't worry about MFP i headed to zumba class. i like one girls music, yet the others moves. now if they would get one who did both. love me some zumba. planning on adding more days. would like to do 3 a week. is that too much?

ate a salad for lunch. when i got back DH says there's pizza for you. looked at the box and said no thank you, you can eat it.

hope everyone is having a great weekend.

later
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Been a busy week for everyone I see. Well, today we went shopping. Penney's was having a sale and hubby really needed some new shorts. He has lost about 20 lbs himself. So, we went and got him 2 pairs since they were $10 ech. He is now the size he was in high school. I found coupons, so I wanted a new pair of shorts. Mine weren't as cheep, but guess what size I bought? I went from wearing a size 18W, to a size 14 regular!!!!!! I am soooo happy and was dancing in the dressing room.

Time to go work in the yard to fix the pool. Later!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Amy(Amy_36)..............................SW 200.2 lbs / GW 194.0 lbs / CW 200.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman)..................SW 148.7 lbs / GW 143.0 lbs / CW 148.7 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs