help :)

Options
Any tips for me, just 5 weeks into fitness program :)?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you facing any particular struggles or challenges? It's hard to offer tips when we don't know anything about your situation.
  • ElleMarieRose
    ElleMarieRose Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Count calories.
  • lauramagee838
    lauramagee838 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Am on a high protein, low carb diet and exercising 5 days a week (mainly running) but my weights seems to remain the same after loosing half a stone
  • jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Are you logging all of your food? What is your CICO deficit?
  • lauramagee838
    lauramagee838 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Most days, I'd consume around 1100 calories a day
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Get a food scale.

Edit: Sorry, just read the rest of the thread. If you're not losing weight, you are eating more than you think or burning less than you think. Get a food scale and weight everything to be more accurate and only eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Aside from the fact that that's too few to get the adequate nutrients you need, what exactly is the problem??
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Consistency, accuracy and patience are the 3 secrets to weight loss in my opinion.

Consistenly eating at a deficit, accurately logging what & how much you eat. While also being patient and understanding weight loss is a long term gradual process. You won't see results each and every week, but you also (most likely) did not gain the weight in a short period of time. So have realistic expectations, and you'll get there!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options

You are RUNNING 5x/week and only eating 1100 calories??? That is probably your problem. Eat more... your body is starving! I'm sidelined from my marathon training with a foot injury currently... eating more than you... and still losing.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I log everything. That's the only way i can really stay within my calorie goal.