Overate breakfast

Options
Just overate breakfast had 1 Apple a bag of trail mix w 12 servings in it and a bowl of popcorn should I not eat for rest of day... Also I tend to overeat nuts. I've tried putting them in bags and it didn't work should I cut them from my diet?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Not eating for the rest of the day sounds pretty miserable. I would just log what I ate and stay on plan for the rest of the day.

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I personally would exercise, skip lunch, and have a VERY light dinner. I can't imagine you would be very hungry after eating all that trail mix as tjey tend to be pretty filling IME.

On the bright side, overeating at breakfast is easier to "fix" than overeating your last meal of the day.

And yes, if nuts are a trigger food that cause you to consistently overeat, you should probably cut them out conpletely.

Finally - don't beat yourself up!! Move on and do the best you can with the rest of your day :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not eating for the rest of the day will likely result in you overeating at breakfast again tomorrow and starting the cycle all over again. Have a healthy light lunch if you're hungry and then a healthy dinner.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me it would depend on how hungry I get. If I'm even a bit hungry and skip dinner, I end up starving the next day, so it doesn't help at all.

I'd make good choices the rest of the day - lean meat, veggies.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Not eating for the rest of the day will likely result in you overeating at breakfast again tomorrow and starting the cycle all over again. Have a healthy light lunch if you're hungry and then a healthy dinner.

This is what I'd do. I'd probably eat lots of veg and some lean meat for the rest of my meals.

How many calories was that, OP?

Rather than freaking out about it or punishing yourself by not eating the rest of the day, I'd think through how you happened to go so far above your plan. Did you maybe start by not eating enough or in a filling manner? It's really helpful to try and see screw ups as learning experiences/opportunities rather than anything catastrophic or to beat yourself up about.

On the nuts, I tend to use them as "on the go" or at work snacks, so only the bit in the bag is available. If you are finding them to be a trigger food and going back for more, you might want to cut them out for a bit and then work on that.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    dont starve yourself. its ok. make your next meal choice a healthy one. maybe for now choose different healthy fat instead of the nuts since its hard for you to portion control for now. or just buy a small pack as needed so you can't overeat.
  • laatennis
    laatennis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help... I had some carrots for lunch and a salad with a little chicken for dinner and decided I'd put today behind me and just keep going as though it didn't happen.