i need advice :(

Options
How can I stop eating fried foods and say no to fast food when I live with my parents who buy/cook my every meal..I can exercise but eating right is so hard!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Just eat less of it.
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    sit them down and talk to them. Explain why you want to cut back, that you appreciate the efforts they put in for you and that you really need them to support you now. As supportive parents I am sure once you pursued them to your perspective they will help you, even if they choose to have the fry up for themselves. And remember you can still eat fried food sometimes but probably not the best every time.

Good luck
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    what do they say when you ask about having more healthier options to eat?

you could also try choosing healthier options at fast food places as well for now..
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Get a job and move out
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Just eat less of it.

Yep. Unless they're literally shoving the food down your throat you still have control over what and how much you're eating.

You're 19...sit down and have an adult-to-adult talk with them about how you'd like to take more control over your food choices, and while you appreciate all they do for you, that you'd like to have more input as to food choices.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you have a part-time job? Can you bring home supplements to dinner to broaden out your diet? For instance, you may eat a salad with the burger for the fraction of the calories. You may also volunteer to prepare one meal a week, and you can introduce your parents to new foods, new meal plans.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If your parents are bringing home a lot of fast food for meals, study the nutrition information for all the popular fast food franchises in your area. Most of the time, there are choices you can make to easily stay within your calorie goals. Let them know your choices.