Fell off the wagon, gains 20 pounds.

Options
I also made some mistakes in the start. I feel like if I had arranged a weight loss buddy or someone to consistently check in with me, that would have made it easier.
I am looking for that now, anyone up for it?

Replies

• Cellothere118
    Cellothere118 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well, if it helps to have a friend on here to "check in" with or even follow progress, Id be happy to have you along. Im just getting back into using MFP, I tried a few other diets including Isagenix, which I did lose 10 lbs or so, but I find that my body responds better to simple foods, more exercise. Im in my 40's so my metabolism needs to be kicked into wake up mode a bit harder. Dont let the 10 lbs build a wall.. start over. Ive done it quite a few times as well as a million other people. Im onto my second week. My goal is 20lbs (at least) in 20 weeks for an upcoming wedding. Ive been doing well staying motivated with exercising, because I have learned thats what it takes for me to lose. If youd like to add me as a friend, feel free. If not, totally understand and good luck with your new start!
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I did the same, was doing so well for so long and then I had a hell of a lot of life changes and diet and exercise slowly slipped away from me. After gaining more than 20lbs in the last 2 years i've decided it's time to get back in shape and look after myself properly. Feel free to add me and join some motivational groups :smile:
  • AvsJenn
    AvsJenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I lost 60 pounds a couple years ago and knew I had put some back on, but didn't realize how much I'd gained back until I saw a picture we had to take at work yesterday. Ugh. Trying to stay positive and get back on track. Exercise always makes me feel like I accomplished something so I'm off for a walk now.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you! I have been on a roller coaster. I lost sixty, gained 50, lost 30 gained it all back. Stress is awful. I need to figure out how to handle that issue. I think I'm on the right track now.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am here too! I was afraid to step on the scale for a long time, at least a year! Stepped on it today, and I was not surprised! Yup! I gained weight and I am right back up there... 30 pounds heavier, muscles ache, legs feel like heavy weights when I try to climb a few steps. My back aches. I need to get back in shape. I will be clicking on your guys to add as friends. The more support the better! I tried MY FITNESS years ago and I was very successful with the program, I just have to stay accountable to someone and keep charting my foods.