ATTENTION: YOU HAVE TO TRY ZUMBA!!

Options
Last night was my first time doing Zumba Kix and it was amazing, I loved it. It was an hour class but it goes by so fast and its fun. It makes working out so much better, because you look forward to it, I am so ditching the treadmill for now!:heart:

PS for those of you that do Zumba how do you log it in the exercise log since Zumba is not an option, the closest I found was dance general?

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you wear a HRM just create your own exercise.
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA!!!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options

How? There is no option i can see anywhere to do that.

I've been logging it as dancing.
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would say aerobic dancing if you can't do the HRM. You're breathing and dancing...
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I found Zumba under the cardio exercise portion to log it. I love it!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Some people log it as dance others aerobic. It depends on the class, the individual doing the class, and the instructor. I log it as Zumba, but put averages from what is seen in aerobic. I do not have a HR monitor, but will be getting one soon to see. One of my friends on here purchased one and discovered she was estimating to low of a calorie burn. Another friend found out she was estimating to high.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Search for Zumba. It comes up blank and at the bottom you can add a new entry. I added Zumba and then I enter in the calories I burn in that time frame per my HRM.
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I <3 Zumba! I log it as high impact aerobics.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I love Zumba!!! I wear a HRM to find my calories. I average 700 + for the hour in some classes. That's a huge motivation factor. It all depends on the zumba class as well. I take 3 classes a week. 2 at the gym and they are pretty high intense and will burn over 700 calories for that hour. Then I take Zumba at work and that class isn't as intense and I only burn about 500 colories during that hour.
  • crissa71
    crissa71 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA is amazingly fun! I am a Zumba addict!! A girl in my class wears a HRM and announces her calorie burn....she is a little bigger than me and averages around 800-1000 a class...I put it in as cardio Zumba 60min 400calories....

:happy:
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    Yes!!! I LOVE Zumba! It is one of the few times I look forward to exercising! I should get a HRM though to see what I am burning!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a year (on & off) and I've yet to injure myself.
  • Jessika616
    Jessika616 Posts: 41
    Options
    *edited by moderator*
  • LovelySpirit
    Options
    Hey Doll!

I knew you'd love it... Rock and Shake girlie... enjoy the burn! It's addictive. you won't miss a class!!!:love:
  • Bubbles_09
    Bubbles_09 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Right! I love zumba! && no downers either thats great you love to run!!
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    I love Zumba! It really makes you work up a sweat. The reality is that you have to find what works for you & DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Click on "Exercise" and then "My Exercise" right underneath it. Then on the right your will see create exercise.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    @Desirai, Thanks for posting!
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba!!!

GO ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or whatever it is that you can or will do to be healthy and fit!!!!!!!!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I love it, too.