Best/Funniest or Worst compliment you've received when you lost weight?

Options
Today I had someone at work ask if I was doing wrist exercises because they were looking tiny, and how my face was looking slimmer.. I didn't know wrist exercises existed but I had a good laugh afterwards haha

Replies

• Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    "Where'd your butt go?". Unfortunately for me, the only time I have a butt is when Im overweight, and its the first place I lose weight. Oh well at least I still have boobs.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    "Where'd your butt go?". Unfortunately for me, the only time I have a butt is when Im overweight, and its the first place I lose weight. Oh well at least I still have boobs.

It works the opposite way with me haha!! :) I lose my boobs pretty much straight away but my butt stays being big.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    "Oh, my God, you've lost a TON of weight!"

It was 9 pounds.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I got the 'wow you lost a lot of weight' comment too... one month after I last saw that person and 6 months after I had stopped losing.

Still love the 'how do you stay so skinny?' bit while I'm stuffing my face with dessert at a party.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Look at how skinny you are...are you well?
  • Green_Glitter85
    Green_Glitter85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A man once asked my mother-in-law if my husband 'still had the same one' after I lost a lot of weight. Sadly I put it all back on again...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Actually, when i was working out consistently with a trainer 3x a week and taking Krav Maga 2x a week and was in what i think is "peak condition" I had people tell me "please, stop..."

When i got laid off from a job during the holidays i had to stop paying for the above and cancel my gym membership. I fell into a depression because no one would hire me in an office environment during the holidays. I was eventually re-hired after 6 weeks at the same company asking me to come back and it was strictly financial, etc. etc.

This b!@tch came up to me in front of the team i manage (all of whom were brand new) and said "Oh! Rain! You look soooo good! You're glowing! You look so healthy!" i stared at her like "what..." (I had gained about 10 pounds in this time frame BTW) and she goes "You don't look like a stick anymore! Your curves, you look so much HEALTHIER now". Except she had this sh#$ eating grin like "I knew you couldn't maintain your weight loss". I had maintained for 3 years and they saw me lose the weight and keep it off for three years. She constantly made comments about how i "thought you can't eat that on your DIET" and "yeah, well, most people gain their weight back after 3 years.... we'll see". So i know when she said you look so much better she was backhandedly bring up the fact i gained weight.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Actually, when i was working out consistently with a trainer 3x a week and taking Krav Maga 2x a week and was in what i think is "peak condition" I had people tell me "please, stop..."

When i got laid off from a job during the holidays i had to stop paying for the above and cancel my gym membership. I fell into a depression because no one would hire me in an office environment during the holidays. I was eventually re-hired after 6 weeks at the same company asking me to come back and it was strictly financial, etc. etc.

This b!@tch came up to me in front of the team i manage (all of whom were brand new) and said "Oh! Rain! You look soooo good! You're glowing! You look so healthy!" i stared at her like "what..." (I had gained about 10 pounds in this time frame BTW) and she goes "You don't look like a stick anymore! Your curves, you look so much HEALTHIER now". Except she had this sh#$ eating grin like "I knew you couldn't maintain your weight loss". I had maintained for 3 years and they saw me lose the weight and keep it off for three years. She constantly made comments about how i "thought you can't eat that on your DIET" and "yeah, well, most people gain their weight back after 3 years.... we'll see". So i know when she said you look so much better she was backhandedly bring up the fact i gained weight.

Backhanded compliments bring out the worst in me. lol. I would have found a nice and polite way to make her eat that grin. Grrrr
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I was over at an overweight friends house for dinner and I had saved 2000 calories from the week for this meal. I was eating potato chips and she looks at me and goes, "God I would LOVE to have your metabolism," So I corrected her thinking and said,
    "No actually I count callories and weigh ALL my food." and she looks at me and goes,
    "Oh I would rather be fat than do all that."
    Soooooooo you want to look like me when you think it's as easy as having a fast metabolism but once you find out it takes hard work you want to stay fat?
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    "You're looking great" grimacey grin, "But you know men don't like stick figures, right?"

My roommate, after I'd lost 20 of about 100 lbs I needed to lose. I still had a long way to go until I'd be considered a stick. She was just concerned I'd start hitting on her boyfriend.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've had some weird ones like "I never would have thought you had such long legs/small shoulders" (both multiple times and just odd) but the WORST was hearing that my freaking *cousin* (ewww ewww ewww) who is a 50-something sheriff I never speak to, said I was "so much sexier fat and shouldn't have lost all that weight". GROSS!
  • doodah66
    doodah66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost a bit of weight once and someone complimented me by telling me my face didn't look like it hurt any more. I didn't understand what she meant, so I asked her to explain, and she said it had looked like it was painful because my skin on my face was so tight because it had been so fat.
  • joshuajdouce
    joshuajdouce Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I got wow you've lost a lot of weight now you look ill. My response well cheers for that confidence boost haha
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    "You need new underwear, Woman. Those are looking saggy." ~said the appreciative spouse.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    "too skinny" bleh
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Today my coworker/friend who is pregnant told me that I'm losing all of the weight she is gaining! Inches included!

For the record, I know her and fully believe she meant it as a compliment. :)
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    "You look amazing! I haven't seen you since your wedding!" So I looked like hell on my wedding day? Thanks?
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My hair dreaser told me "even your head shrunk "
    Ummm..thanks?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If I lose any more weight, I'll end up looking like the meth addict that lives across the street from the sweet lady that said this to me. She failed to mention that at least I'll still have all of my teeth and hair though.