300 at 28

Options
Well hi all my name is liz and I am 28 years old I have Always been over weight my whole life here recently I have hit a wall. I now weigh 300 lbs and this is the final straw for me I am a mother of 2 and I know my kids needs me so I try really hard for them. This journey is going to be hard and I need all the support I can get. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a mother of 2 who weighs 300. Feel free to add me!
  • EFryeinGA82
    EFryeinGA82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it!!! I was near 300, and I ate better, drank more water, walked, and did box cardio, and lost 89 pounds..no diets, gimmicks, etc. It felt great, and it gave me so much strength and love, for myself. However, over the past three years I've been horrible at being responsible for my health and I put 44 back on. It's ok though...I can do this AGAIN, and lose even more this time, and so can YOU! :) Believing it should be the first thing that you do. Good luck!
  • WalkinChik
    WalkinChik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it. You've got your age on your side at your age if you do the work the weight will come off without much difficulty. Take it from someone who is 50 and who's trying to lose weight and the weight is coming off so much slower when I was in my twenties and thirties I have 100 pounds to lose and the the weight is coming off slower but that's okay I am focusing on how I feel everyday
  • Annatheb1
    Annatheb1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle. I have ten years on you and diabetic. Trying to lose 100lbs. I have lost 20 so far. It's so hard but l am newly married and want to stay around to enjoy a life with my husband.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz :)
    You can do this.

Let your children be your motivator and use MFP to track your food and to get that vital support. Stay strong!