Need Support/Friends

Options
I've only been here for a week and would love to have friends and definitely support that everyone needs when doing through these goals that we make for ourselves.

With my job I'm constantly at the computer and it would be great to be able to have friends to bounce ideas off of and have inspiration and encouragement as well.

Thanks guys! :smile:

Replies

• Euts
    Euts Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat! Sitting at a computer all day... I am going to try and hit the gym at lunch for a quick 30 treadmill run. Just need to stay motivated :bigsmile:
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    Same here...I am at a computer ALL day and never leave my cubby!!! Feel free to add me!
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    Same here, I have an office job and sit at a computer for 8 hours a day...so frustrating! Some mornings, I walk on the treadmill just to jump start my day. And right now I'm doing 30 Day Shred--it's a great workout.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The suport here is fantastic !!!! I love it here. I understand completly were you are coming from my work involves a lot of sitting in front of the computer and a lot of oppurtunites to snack on losts of not so healthy foods. Add me if you like the more the marrier LOL.

Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Laurenbaseball29
    Options
    My Mom started to do the 30 day Shred. She told me its hard! I dont know what it is but I cant do workouts at home. I have to be at a gym to be motivated to do it.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    me too i spend all day in my cubicle one-on-one with the computer. but i make sure that every siesta break, after work, on weekends and also within the office, i can still squeeze in my boxing sessions, dance aerobics and strength training exercise at home and also everyday i walk more than 2kms from office to the bus stop and 3x a week i also walk 3kms. from bus stop to home. aside from that i do squats on my cubicle or in the restroom. add me if you want as im just new here and need friends also :)
  • Laurenbaseball29
    Options
    I dont have a cubicle to actually look sane to work out at my office but I get in a great workout at least 3 times a week if not more.
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Feel free to add me if you would like! :)
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    I'm with all of you! Feel free to add!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    My Mom started to do the 30 day Shred. She told me its hard! I dont know what it is but I cant do workouts at home. I have to be at a gym to be motivated to do it.

That's me, too!! But I also have to have a buddy to "prod" me to the gym. I don't like to go by myself!

And I sit at a computer all day, too... I have to be creative and get a lot of my walking in here at work! Feel free to add me, too, ladies!
  • lew1949
    lew1949 Posts: 1
    Options
    From reading the post it sounds like a lot of us sit a a computer all day, I try to get up every now and then just to stretch and move around a little, we older guys have to do that to keep the joints loose, ha. I do look forward to the end of the day, I live here in Florida and the weather is almost always good so I do a 4.5 mile walk in the evening just to unwind and then go to a 6 mile walk on the weekends and with this sight and watching and counting what I eat I am losing the weight I much need to lose. I walk because I have had back surgery twice and no more running, lifting weights etc. all the suff I did when I was a young guy. Walking is a great exercise and per the net just as good as running, a 15 minute mile is equal to a 8.5 minute mile running and not nearly as hard on the ole knees. Keep up the good work all of you and best of luck.