nooooooooooooo i think i'm an EX meat lover!!

Options
Has your desire for meat changed??? I ate a hamburger the other day and was completely grossed out with the first bite!!!!!! I've only been on MFP 2 weeks but my appetite has completely flipped...I never believed the day would come when porkchops, hamburgers, ribs and steak wouldn't even faze me !! =D

I think im ready to start being a green eater any suggestions on where to begin so i can meet my 1460 cals !

Replies

• bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    I go through this every once in a while...meat sometimes just grosses me out LOL. Then I'll get a craving for a good steak or pork ribs, and then I go back to eating meat again. I don't know what it is, I think it's just your body's way of purging the bad stuff for a while!!! :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Years ago I tried the macrobiotic diet which encourages you to eat very little meat. I found following the diet to be too restrictive but when I started adding meat back to my diet I found that I just didn't like it as much. Over the years it has lessened some, but I've never really wanted meat the way I used to. My body seems happier with mostly vegetables, grains and fish and just the occasional meat.

But one thing from the macrobiotic diet that I have found very helpful for planning healthy meals is to always choose your protein first. Whether it's meat, fish, nuts, tofu, beans, whatever. Choose that and then build your meal around it.

For example if you choose black beans. Do you want black beans and rice, black bean soup w salad, black bean burritos (in a low carb wrap, of course :wink: ).
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Yes. I have become this way. After seeing how "hamburger patties" are made, I won't eat any fast food burger. I will make my own at home with burger that i know where it came from.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I have a love / hate relationship with pork chops. I think it's generally due to my mother's LOVE of cooking them all the time growing up and I got sick of eating them. There's something about their texture and taste I'm not very crazy about either.

I don't buy them very often as an adult.

Pork roast, though, yum yum.

One thing I found with red meat was that I used to think I wasn't very fond of it. My parents enjoyed cooking it VERY well done and it seemed tough to me and not very tasty. The first time I had a medium rare steak I fell in love. So just the simple "done-ness" of the meat totally affected how much I wanted to eat it :)
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That happend to me also. Sometimes I just can't stand meat at all, and can't even go down the shopping aisle to purchase any. I still eat meat, but not nearly as much as before.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have become this way. After seeing how "hamburger patties" are made, I won't eat any fast food burger. I will make my own at home with burger that i know where it came from.

Plus some fast food joints' burgers just taste vile. Can't compare in any way to a good, homemade black angus burger. Yum.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but no!!! LOL!!!!! I gotta have my meat! I do not eat the fast food stuff though, only what my DH and I have prepared at home with love. And let me tell you, I am married to one hell of a master griller! Nothing better than a juicy steak with lots and lots of grilled veggies!!!

The veggie part is really where my appetite has changed. I used to turn my nose up to any kind of veggie, but now, the more the better. DH and I were talking last night about what we'll do in the winter when all of this wonderful summer produce is gone. I am going to buy a bunch and freeze.
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Simply put...YES!!! I crave fruit and salads and it is a wonderful feeling!
  • Emilou9
    Emilou9 Posts: 44
    Options
    I am right there with you. I went from being the biggest carnivore there was...as in my last meal would have been fried chicken with a side of steak and some pulled pork bbq LOL! About a year ago I really got into reading and learning about the food industry and eating as healthy as possible. I have not been able to eat meat since. The thought of eating meat actually nauseates me now. I will occasionally eat seafood which makes eating out easier. A lot of people don't understand being vegetarian for reasons other than animal rights or moral convictions. Palate change is a lot harder to explain lol.