Looking for petite women friends who are active on MFP!

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been on MFP for a couple years and lost 15 or so lbs using this site (which took a while as I am only 5'1"). I am active on here, especially in the fall and winter, and I love having interactive friends! I'm currently maintaining between ~102 and 105 lbs, love outdoor exercise/sports, and am friendly and encouraging. I'm hoping to find some friends here who are of relatively similar height since losing and maintaining weight at a petite height has some challenges that I understand!

Just send a message with any friend requests, as I tend to delete blank FRs on suspicion of spam. :)

Thank you!!

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I was just about to invite you to the petite maintenance group, but I saw you already joined. Welcome! There are loads of us on there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109137-petites-in-maintenance
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thanks segacs! I wrote a joining request, but I'm not sure if I am actually part of the group yet? I will be glad to be a part of it though!
  • segacs
    Options
    Yep, it should be working now. I have it as approval-only to prevent the bots. (And the tall folks... hehe.)
  • Linnaea27
    Options
    It works! I was having fun posting. :) Time for bed though!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @linnaea27 see you on the petites forum :smiley:
  • get8fit
    get8fit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am not a bot and at 4'11" not a tall person but for some reason I was put off your site.
  • Linnaea27
    Options
    Hey everyone-- if you're finding this thread and friend-requesting me, please remember to send me a message with your friend request letting me know where you found me and what we might have in common. I generally delete FRs that arrive without a message.

@get8fit, it isn't my site-- I'm a member of that group but someone else moderates it. Not sure what's up there. . .

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    What is a bot?
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0, around 115, still waiting to be accepted to th group too :neutral:
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What is a bot?

I spam robot?
  • segacs
    Options
    I don't know why that would've happened, @get8fit . I haven't removed anyone from the group, and I generally approve all application requests that have messages in them -- though sometimes it takes me a day or two to get around to it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I wrote a request too. Thanks!
  • segacs
    Options
    Done! :)

And, bear with me, folks. I try to get to the requests as quickly as I can, but I didn't expect this group to become so popular so quickly! I might need to get a couple of co-managers.
  • _Sheesh_
    _Sheesh_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been in maintenance over a year now and even though my maintenance weight range is significantly higher than yours. I could definitely use more friends who can relate
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

And, bear with me, folks. I try to get to the requests as quickly as I can, but I didn't expect this group to become so popular so quickly! I might need to get a couple of co-managers.

@segacs if you do end up looking for help with the petites group, I'm happy help out. It's my new favorite MFP spot. :smile:
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    _Sheesh_ wrote: »
    Hi! I've been in maintenance over a year now and even though my maintenance weight range is significantly higher than yours. I could definitely use more friends who can relate

Hi @_Sheesh_ ! Check out the petites group listed in the thread above. There are quite a few of us in that group that maintain at a higher weight. Best!
  • segacs
    Options
    Awesome, thanks Leslie! I may take you up on it.

@_Sheesh_ , yep, I just approved you in the group.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

@segacs if you do end up looking for help with the petites group, I'm happy help out. It's my new favorite MFP spot. :smile:

I just filled it out to join. I'm 5 lbs from maintenance, though. I figured it's time to start thinking about it.
  • lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey ! I'm just starting maintenance. I'm 5'3. I sent a request for the group and sending you à FR. :)
  • Linnaea27
    Options
    Hey everyone! I didn't expect to acquire so many new friends from this post! I hate to say this, but now I think I might be at my limit for the number of people I can interact with in a quality way-- so those of you who come upon this after this post, please, friend each other instead of me right now. Thank you!!