Starving

i need to lose 40 by April at least. It says to eat 1320 calories a day. I feel like I'm starving. Help

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Make more filling choices. Eat a pound of berries instead of a muffin for example. Be sure to hit your protein macros.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Did you set your weight loss profile to lose an aggressive amount of weight (more than 2lb or 1kilo per week)? If so, reduce it to 1lb or 0.5kilo, you will be provided with some additional calories.

Are you weighing and measuring all your food and drink? If not, you may be eating less than 1320 per day.

Are you exercising a lot? Are you eating back some of your exercise calories?

Make sure you are getting at least five serves of veg per day, good for fibre, but also good for helping feeling satisfied as is protein and good fats.

If you want specific advice, I recommend you open your food diary.
  • You won't starve if you choose the right foods. You can't eat 1300 calories worth of foolishness (the good stuff lol) for example and expect to stay satisfied all day.
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Yup lots of protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs. The simple carbs will leave you feeling hungry and unsatisfied.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    edited November 2015
    My calories are set at 1360. Dairy and eggs help me a lot with feeling hungry all the time. A piece of cheese, some yogurt, or a couple hard-boiled eggs can do wonders to fill me up and carry me over to mealtime. At mealtime, make sure you get plenty of veggies along with your protein - the fiber can help you feel more full too.
  • susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Look up healthy eating plans on the Internet that match your desired intake to lose weight. They should give great examples.

Susan