Reaching Out For Some Support!

Options
Hey there!

I'm trying to lose about a hundred pounds. I think my biggest hurdle in the past has been feeling as though I was being deprived by dieting. Now I realize that there's nothing that I'm missing out on, and I'm actually really happy and finding it easier to make changes. There are still a lot of hurdles though, but I'm happier to be moving in the right direction, just like everyone else on here!

Anyone else have a hard time changing their mindset?

I just would love to create a real support group where we can celebrate each others progress, and be there to listen when there's struggling.

Replies

• bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When you loose weight .. it does not mean you loose the mindset with it to. I have lost close to 50 pounds and in my personal experience, it is the hardest part to shake.
    I think a lot of it has to do with re-training the brain, which can be difficult if you have had a struggle with a life-long habit of emotional eating, late-night snacking, over-eating, indulging, etc.
    My brain has spent 24 years thinking like this. Eating clean, loving myself, exercising, and generally living a healthy lifestyle is COMPLETELY NEW to my brain. Brain's are stubborn and challenging, but at the same time, completely malleable and in YOUR HANDS!
    Building new habits takes time and commitment, and eventually, with enough hard work and patience, you will start to notice incremental changes in your attitude and thought process'. The key is to not give up, believe in yourself, and recognize that change is possible!