Weight gain in 3 days

Options
I no I had Mexican the other day but I burned it all off on the treadmill and continued my diet. I decided to get on the scale and it was up by 4 pounds. How? Is this hormonal balance or something?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Water retention, due to increase in sodium.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear. it could be fluid retention, hormones, cortisol, instestinal retention. i wouldn't worry unless it keeps going up and then i would look at your food tracking and the exercise calorie estimates
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I may have not been eating a lot but I usually drop. It bothers me although I shouldn't worry. Will this wear off in a week or so?
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    How long does it take for hormones to balance out before the weight will drop again?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long does it take for hormones to balance out before the weight will drop again?

This is going to vary by person.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Are my hormones out of balance? I'm showing symptoms of weight gain, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, constipation, bloating, ect.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are my hormones out of balance? I'm showing symptoms of weight gain, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, constipation, bloating, ect.

Nobody online could tell you that. If you think you have a medical issue, you should make an appointment with your doctor.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Water retention, due to increase in sodium.

^^ This.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Are you close to getting your period? All those things happen to me when I'm PMSing.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I believe so. How long does this usually last when on your period?
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I just no I feel fat and bloated, ate normal today, still did my workout but I felt so weak while doing it today and constantly tired.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    So, am i understanding this right? Are you implying your symptoms are due to having eaten Mexican food? You've never felt bloated or tired before this meal?
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly average for one's weight to fluctuate 5 or more pounds one way or the other due to water. The human body is a complex thing and there are no hard and fast rules about water weight gain or loss. There are typical causes like, TOM, salt intake, glycogen, new work outs. What is not average is obsessing about why or how long a small gain will last. If you are consistently gaining then be concerned about needing to make adjustments or consult a medical professional. If you are consistently worried about small gains consult a medical professional.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    No. I no its not from the Mexican. I just don't no if it's hormonal imbalance or not
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters here, a medical professional will no 4 shur if it hormonal
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I ate candy on Halloween, and chips with queso (maybe 1/2 cup). Gained 9 lbs overnight. Now I'm still up 1.8 but losing slowly. That's some water retention and PMS bloat right there. I didn't eat way over, maybe barely above maintenance - it's a bi!ch for sure.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Water retention, sodium, hormones, and other factors usually resolve on 2-7 days. Then it starts all over again. Get to know your personal weight fluctuation patterns then learn to accept them.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Water retention, sodium, hormones, and other factors usually resolve on 2-7 days. Then it starts all over again. Get to know your personal weight fluctuation patterns then learn to accept them.

That helps a lot. I just know I gained 4-5 pounds in like 2 days and still heavy, bloated and swollen all over no matter how less I eat or how much I exercise. Now I no for sure it's water retention and I Hate it!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I no I had Mexican the other day but I burned it all off on the treadmill and continued my diet. I decided to get on the scale and it was up by 4 pounds. How? Is this hormonal balance or something?

Could be a lot of things, water retention, full bowels etc but it could also be related to factors that have nothing to do with the meal you ate.

Either way, good luck toward achieving your goals!