Change the way I eat in the morning

Options
Ok myfitnesspal friends. Anyone especially those who aren't morning folks tried to eat something small like a sultana cookie on wakening with a cup of tea then about 1hr later had breakfast rather than the traditional breakfast followed by morning snack?
I find it difficult to eat a breakfast first thing and am a slow starter in the morning. It's just difficult since I'm trying to gain weight.

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that says you must eat at any certain time. If your goal is simply to gain weight, then add calories into other meals. No matter what your goal is, it's all about finding what works for you, not what works for someone else. So, I would maybe try having something small with your morning tea then having breakfast later and see how it works. If it doesn't try something else.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My wife hates breakfast, so occasionally, she will just have a protein shake. The only reason why some suggest breakfast while gaining weight is because it can be very difficult to get enough calories in a small window.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    A protein shake may be a good option. Or something like toast with nut butter on it, since nut butter can pack quite the calorie punch. Otherwise, I would keep doing what you're doing and just try to bulk up your other meals so you're getting in all the calories you need.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    meal timing does not matter, just make sure that by the end of the day you hit your calorie and micro/macro targets.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person- so I don't eat breakfast. Don't eat breakfast if you don't like it.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Eat non-breakfast food in the morning. Bring on the beer brats. Pizza. Ice cream.
  • brettg1985
    brettg1985 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eating lots in the morning is something a lot of people struggle with, as long as you hit your macro mark at the end of the day you're good to go. Like mentioned before, on a higher calorie diet it might be tough to hit that target if you don't eat much in the AM. I typically have a protein shake first thing upon waking with additional Creatine and glutamine mixed in. Then I'll have my breakfast, typically always 1 cup oatmeal, eggs, or Greek yogurt topped with organic maple sugar, and some fruit. Then I'll wait half hour or hour and go train! :-)
  • kahicky
    kahicky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have found stretching out my breakfest over 3 meals that are about 350 to 400 calories with like a mix of complex carbs and small amount of meat, eating each meal about 45 min apart also, and having a protein shake in there. You got to earlt to grow i tried pushing my calories towards later in days but it ruined workouts and made me feel bloated at nights