Find it....your inspiration!

Options
Before I started my weight loss journey, I was completely down and out. I had been picked on, cheated on, betrayed, obese for my whole life, and so on. I began to lose hope. One night, I was on YouTube and I came across this female mma fighter, Gina Carano. I don't know why, but watching her videos sparked a fire in me saying, "Fight back. Fight for yourself." So I started doing a box cardio routine and not only did the weight start to come off, so did the layers of years of torment from being obese. I also watched the movie, "Never Back Down" and found the same motivation. It's one of my favorites now! I may still have weight to lose, but I love who I am now, the face that I see in the mirror, and I never take any unnecessary crap. ;) You shouldn't either...not even from yourself. Find your inspiration. Find it where and when you can. It's not too late.

Replies

• H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Completely inspirational words to anyone, new and starting out or has been working at it for years! I'm proud of you! Good work! Keep it up and thanks for sharing your story!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this :)

I think female MMA fighters are a HUGE inspiration. Personally, I'm an enormous Ronda Rousey fan. It goes deeper than her being 'physically strong', I kind of see a burning determination and strength in her that I think many of us can aspire to.
  • EFryeinGA82
    EFryeinGA82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. And yes Ronda is on fire with her goals because she makes them definite in her mind. Her eyes tell it all.