Good Carb Alternatives

Options
:smile: Hey all, Im new to MFP and I'm doing ok so far. I don't really like starches and so most of my meals will be heavy proteins and vegs. Are there alternatives to rice, pasta and potato that I could try? Or does anyone have any fun ideas to make these starches a little more interesting to me? Thanks

Replies

• bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I REALLY like spagetti squash. It has the same texture as spagetti. I have to say it is kinda weird the first time you cook it because it is NOT what you are expecting when cutting open a squash!
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cous Cous!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Quinoa.

Why don't you like it? Just a taste thing?
  • MichMich1982
    Options
    Cous Cous...I've seen them use it a lot on Food Network...How exactly do I cook it? Is it really as easy as putting it in a bowl with hot water?
  • MichMich1982
    Options
    I think so. I just don't like the taste of rice especially. I'll eat pasta but even that gets boring for me. Quinoa - Ive heard about that...but I've never actually seen it. What is it exactly?
  • CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cous Cous...I've seen them use it a lot on Food Network...How exactly do I cook it? Is it really as easy as putting it in a bowl with hot water?

It really is! We eat it alot! To add a bit of flavour I normally add a portion of a stock cube to the hot water and a bit of garlic/paprika to flavour it.
  • MichMich1982
    Options
    Thanks. I'll give it a try