Middle of the night eating

Options
Hi everyone . I developed a horrible habit of eating in the middle of the night. I blame it on breasting feeding and having lots of babies and always being hungry. I know need to kick that habit and it's been very difficult. Any suggestions ? Or any ideas of healthy snacking that would curb that need to eat desire ? Thanks

Replies

• jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When is your last meal/snack before bed? I usually have a snack (anywhere from roughly 100 to 300 or so cals,depending) an hour or so before bed.If not, I don't usually wake up in the middle of the night, but I will wake up early in the morning absolutely starving
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Well I'd say if you're breastfeeding it's perfectly OK to have a snack... your body needs enough calories/nutrients to feed that baby! Generally, I try not to eat anything after dinner and just have water or hot tea... but when I do eat a snack it's usually popcorn or cheese. 100-200cals
  • nikemic
    nikemic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The reason you feel hungry late at night is probably because you aren't eating enough during the day
  • VeggieMelissa
    VeggieMelissa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a university student and am often up til past 3am studying. The boredom and being up Kate's gets me craving snacks. I always go for fruit or veggies !