Popping corn

FTIM2015
FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
edited September 28 in Recipes
I bought a bag to pop...

Now what? What do you do with/ put on yours?

Replies

• Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    I put 3tbsp of kernels in a paper lunch bag, fold over the end a couple of times, and pop it plain. [Some of the newer microwaves say not to do this? But a Weight Watcher teacher/friend of mine does it all the time. I just don't leave it unattanded.]

I then use olivio butter spray.. no calories.. and gives the idea of having butter. Also good is Splenda- sounds wierd, I know- but it makes it taste like kettle corn. Actually, better.

Play around with any spices you like: chili powder, chipotle, etc. :flowerforyou:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    when we used to make it before we just used to put it in a sauce pan and cover with lid. make sure you shuffle it so it doesnt stick to the bottom
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    I have an air popper, but I prefer to do it the old fashioned way. I pour a little bit of oil in the bottom of the pan and throw in 3 kernels and put the lid on. I wait for them to pop so I know the oil is ready and then I throw in the rest of the popcorn and put the lid on. When it stops popping it's done. Then I season it with salt and chili powder. Sometimes a little cumin or curry.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    when we used to make it before we just used to put it in a sauce pan and cover with lid. make sure you shuffle it so it doesnt stick to the bottom

I have always done it this way too - has the advantage of entertaining the kids if you take the lid off!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    i have an air popper...then I spray olive oil on it and parmesean cheese!!! MMMMMMMMMM
  • gpschob
    gpschob Posts: 16
    pop on the stovetop in oilve oil and add nutritional yeast
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    You can also sprinkle nutritional yeast on it...yum!!
  • Cgem1203
    Cgem1203 Posts: 3
    I pop the corn, then spray on some Pam Butter Spray so that my seasonings stick....I like to sprinkle on some Hidden Valley Ranch Dip powder (comes in a packet to make Ranch Dressing with) and shake it all up....mmmm Ranch Popcorn!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    i have an air popper, my kids love to watch it, then i sprinkle MRS DASH season salt the low sodium one it is much better than the microwave popcorn, also the white corn is the best I think.. :) happy popping
This discussion has been closed.