HCG injections and starvin!

Options
:frown: 6406741_2372_thumb
145Karen Good Morning! To all my MFP friends concerned with my low calorie intake, thanks for looking out for me I guess I should have noted that I am trying HCG injections and my calorie count is only supose to be at 500 so you see I am not doing well at this either I am always over and ther is always at least on thing I eat that I shouldn't ! I am so desperate I would love to hear input from my MFP friends, am I crazy? HELP ME! I am sick of starving! Keep the input coming ! I am now leaning towards going off the HGC I had a friend that pushed me until I decided to try it she lost and has kept it off for 18 Months oh geez I am tired and weak and I do not think I made a good choice anyone know what would happen if I quite I have been doing it for about 10 days

Replies

• Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my opinion is give up the hcg injections and eat 1200 cals a day PLUS...(YES I SAID PLUS) your exercise calories and come back in 2 weeks. You wont be hungry and you WILL be losing. you cant get anything in life that you want unless you work for it. Pills dont work. (only temporarily) and injecting something into your body that is really for pregnancy isnt going to be the answer either. Not trying to sound harsh but really your going to have to make up your mind to do it for yourself and do it the right way or you will only be hurting youself in the long run. Keeping you in my thoughts.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: haven't tried HCG and absolutely no desire to try it, it sounds horrible...but from my understanding, 500 calories is not enough calories to get all your nutrients, per most doctors and nutritionists. Most recommend 1000-1200 calories a day, minimum. Try eating a healthy, whole foods diet (vegetables, fruits, lean protein, whole grains, low fat dairy), exercise at least 30-60 minutes a day, and you probably will see some nice steady weight loss and keep it off ;)

PS I have lost nearly 30 lbs since March, and I am definitely NOT starving myself. I'm just making lifestyle changes. It's a lot more doable that way :)

Good luck!
  • vmendoza18
    vmendoza18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    THe HCG diet is not a safe one, many of them aren't! You shouldn't be starving yourself, it's not healthy for you. You should be eating at least 1200 a day in order for your body not to go into starvation mode. You will not loose any weight by eating 500 calories, instead your body retains all the weight since it's not getting any nourishment and will not let go. There are tons of food out there that you can eat and still loose the weight you desire. Good luck, i hope you achieve your goals.
  • amberlhoward
    Options
    I did hcg homeopathic and lost tons of weight. But I followed it to a "t" figuring that if I was going to put myself through it, it was going to be hardcore following the program. I was starving the whole time, but my Dr who was working with me on it, as well as the friends who had done hcg before me, said that is NOT normal. You should, after a few days on the program, start to feel better and not hungry at all. Some people said they never felt like eating.

Just want to encourage you that it works if you follow it. Make sure you do the full 3 weeks of maintenance after the hcg, or all your hard work will be for nothing, because you will gain back everything you lose. I've seen that with others.

Good luck!
  • amberlhoward
    Options
    Also want to say that the diet sounds unsafe due to the calories. But those who have researched what hcg does in your body understand that for the short amount of time that you follow this diet makes the calorie amount safe and does not cause any problems with muscle loss, or retaining fat, as a normal starvation diet would.

Good luck! It works!
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Keep the input coming ! I am now leaning towards going off the HGC I had a friend that pushed me until I decided to try it she lost and has kept it off for 18 Months oh geez I am tired and weak and I do not think I made a good choice anyone know what would happen if I quite I have been doing it for about 10 days
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I choose to do a low calorie diet with exercise. I am on a 1510 cal diet plus I workout for 60-90 minutes 6 days a week and I have lost 14 in the last month. I am very happy with the results!! To let you know I am a larger woman who started at 239. I looked up the hcG method on line because I felt that I was going to need help with this and saw 500 cal and dismissed it. I knew it wasn't the road for me. Reason is this: I would learn nothing about portion control or control at all. I would not learn of to change my eating habits or to exercise more. Then when I quit taking the shots or drops..I would gain the weight back.

I agree this is the longer road to take, but I feel for me it was the correct one. Choice in the end always remains in your hands.
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yup I think I am going back to the more traditional way to loose! I at least felt more happy and not hungry all the time! Thank You MFP friends I love you all!
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Very glad to hear you're getting away from the HCG, Karen!

If anyone else is considering this dangerous starvation diet, please PLEASE listen to this podcast (starting at about 6 minutes 35 seconds in) where they discuss HCG:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2009/05/fat-2-fit-65-advanced-weight-loss-techniques