Help!

Options
Please help, i do my wii fit body test at 5am b4 i go to work but it says ive put on 2lb, i know i havent its because i eat my dinner at 730-8pm because when i get in i do my workout 1st. If i eat my dinner then wait 1 hour then do my workout does this mean i will only burn the calories that i have just eaten and not burn fat. I could easily eat my dinner b4 my work out but dont want to if im not going 2 burn fat!!??

Replies

• trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've found my Wii Fit step/scale to be less than accurate and rather flighty at times...I even have it on a hard surface! Soooo, I typically don't count on what it tells me as much as my bathroom scale. Probably not what you want to hear...just my experience!! :wink:
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I've actually never had an issue with the Wii Fit scale... I've used in since I started and have been weighed on other scales that weigh me the same as it does. I've found it to be VERY consistent. If it's close to TOM or you've been consistently over on sodium you could be retaining water which would account for the two pounds. I have found working out before eating more effective, but everybody is different. Experiment some and find out what works for YOU. :) Hope I helped at least a little. :)
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    i found my wiifit (when i used it) to be accurate for the most part..... then all of a sudden it started to go all wonky so i changed the batteries... it did the trick
    but i still prefer a regular bathroom scale :)

and i find it better to weight myself in the AM even if that means turning everything on for 2 mins to just weight in... i find its more accurate because you have not drank or ate most of your food....
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is calories in, calories out. Your body won't necessarily target what you just ate when you exercise or target just fat. When you exercise, your body will go for simple sugars first- they're the most efficient fuel for your body to use. Those simple sugars, or glycogen, are typically stored in your body and very few people will deplete their glycogen stores in one workout (unless of course you're running very long distances- we're talking workouts that burn more than 1,500-2,000 calories).

The trick is making sure that your total caloric intake is below what you burn. By having a safe calorie deficit, your body will be forced to metabolize, or use up, the fat in your body to maintain itself. That means that after you workout, your body might burn fat to replace glycogen stores or fuel normal metabolic activity.

Bottom line: Don't stress about if your body is burning dinner off or your rear. If you ate less over a day (or even week if you want to average more) than you burned over a day (or week), you will weigh less.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a better workout if I eat some protein before the workout....so I would recommend eating dinner before your workout...or having a protein drink before. Scales are funny...I have at times been rather obsessed with mine. My lowest weight is always in the morning right after I wake up....after I eat it is a little heavier....and as the day goes on....I go up about 2 pounds.

I think it is best to get weighed at the same time. That way your calculations will be more accurate.
  • nell84
    nell84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was told you can eat before but to make sure its carbs, because of the sugars you want to burn "good" fat, so you wouldnt want protein before, because you're burning fat you don't want to. With sugars you burn the bad sugar fats, just not a lot to eat right? You don't want to be full, maybe eat a little before, and than eat some good protein and veggies after, keep it on the light side...
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself at the same time every day but my worry is that when i weigh in, that my dinner is still sitting there because i eat dinner at 730-8 then go 2 bed at 9. if i eat earlier that means its b4 my workout. Im gona test it out 2morrow, thanx 4 the advice evry1. :bigsmile: