weight loss plateau

mandiijo
mandiijo Posts: 6
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Hi! I've been at this for about 6-weeks now and have loss 10 lbs. However, I've been at the same weight for the past 2 weeks and the scale is not budging. I religiously count my calories and get to the gym everyday. I usually do about 45 minutes of cardio (running or elliptical) and do strength training 2-3 times per week.

I think I've hit the dreaded plateau!

I'm about 10-15 lbs away from my goal weight and would really like to keep at this until I reach that point.

Have you hit a plateau? And what did you do to get past it?

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Calorie zig-zag! Google it, baby! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good luck to you.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that if you come across this website http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm on your search, I wouldn't personally follow the calculator. The zig-zagging seems awfully small to me, and I think you'd get the most out of "shocking your body" with bigger, more dramatic changes in calorie intake each day.
  • Satimal
    Satimal Posts: 6
    Been at a plateau for about 4 weeks. I never added exercise to my diet so I was thinking of adding that, although I am sure to see weight gain from muscle toning. Are you taking your measurements as well? Maybe you are losing inches and gaining muscle from exercise?
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    STick with it and the lbs will soon start to drop again
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 421 Member
    Try and change up cardio...maybe do 30min, 45min, 60min, 45min, 30min. If you can try swimming or walking fast...:smile: But keep at it.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Try to change your cardio. If you only do the eliptical and running, try something new. Do you use the eliptical with or without arms? If they have the other machine where you go, use that. Try a workout tape at home. People are loving the Jilian Michaels' 30 day shred and others are loving the P90X.
    I'm sad to say that my weight didn't stay flat, it went up. I made some minor changes (started the C2K program and divided up my workouts) and it seems to be working.
    Good luck and keep at it!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Oh, and a good quick-fix to a plateau is to take a cheat day. It doesn't always work, but if anything... It's still a nice shock to the body and actually great for mental health! Take a day, or a meal, to eat anything you'd like. Have a cheeseburger and french fries or go to a sushi buffet. Then finish off with a dessert. :) Lol.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    definitely switch it up. i gained 3 pounds and 5 pounds came off in one week. i was stuck for 6 weeks. i think i wasn't eating enough. i actually ate a few snacks, that were good for me but still snacks, and it came off.
  • mandiijo
    thanks, guys!
  • mandiijo
    thanks, guys! I am going to mix up my workout routine -- maybe take a class here & there, or try the 30 day shred. I also might take a cheat day. I'm going on vacation in a week so that shouldn't be hard. Just to try to trick my metabolism again!

Thank you for the encouragement! :)
This discussion has been closed.