Binge Eating

Options
When I come home from a long day of school, the first thing that comes to mind is food. I begin to eat. Not a quick snack but ill binge eat. Over the course of a couple months, I found a couple substitutes that rlly helped me fight my cravings, but I still need more. How can I stop the urge? Lemme know ur tips and substitutes down below :)

MY SUBSTITUES:
Peanuts instead of chocolate
Crisp carrots instead of chips
Unsalted crackers instead of salted
Honey to fight sweet cravings
Etc.

Replies

• mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sparking mineral water for any other liquid.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    i pre-log my meals. which helps me not binge. if i feel the urge i think... oh i have that yummy chicken sandwich in an hour or whatever. i can wait. also i try to keep meal times pretty consistent. recently i added a supper category to my diary that i have at around 10pm to help with night time urges. it is usually a bowl of soup or a big salad. the last few nights i have been having romaine, spinach, one slice of bacon, 1/8 cup of sweet and spicy pecans, and sweet and spicy peanut asian salad dressing. it helps to know i can have another meal if i am hungry at night. this late night supper hasn't impacted my weight loss at all. i am down 2 more lbs as of today for a total of 87 lbs.
  • fhocklax27
    fhocklax27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I struggled with binge eating for years, followed by nasty purging. The problem was, the more I kept off the binging, the hungrier I got as I was severely under eating(if you want to binge this much, I assume you are trying to lose weight and are under eating as well?). I would shove in nearly 3000 calories in an hour, eating anything I could get my hands on. I felt awful, and even with the purging I was still gaining weight. Then, I found veganism and can now eat bountifully and still not gain weight. In fact, I'm eating a net of around 2000 calories daily and am LOSING a steady 4 POUNDS every week. Crazy, right?? My body is finally getting the nutrition it needs, which is making the pounds shed fast. I highly recommend you research a high carb low fat diet on the internet(especially youtube) as it was my savior in the whole binge-purge-bulimia mess. Message me if you want more information! Stay strong :blush:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    -Diet or even regular swiss miss hot cocoa (90 calories for a nice filling cup of warm chocolate, who can say no?)
    -Protein powder blended with either water or unsweetened almond milk (I prefer Quest protein powder)
    -A lot of desserts from Linda's Diet DeLites website (always read reviews; and I would not recommend ThinSlim dessert squares or brownies, only their breads)
    -Dannon's light & fit greek yogurt containers (80 calories each, filling, and a ton of awesome flavors)
    -Dark chocolate (70+% cacao)
    -Laughing cow spreadable cheese wedges, which for only 35 calories makes just about anything incredibly delicious
    -Low sodium soup
    -Mushrooms (I just toss them around in a pan without butter)

There's a ton others, just look for labels and choose foods that are nutrient dense! There's a lot of healthier products on the market now days, so luckily finding these shouldn't be too hard!
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What works for me: 5 meals a day with plenty of protein; never getting too hungry, not eating the foods I binge on (easier for me not to eat them that to worry about "how much" to eat), exercise which helps me feel better. During the hardest time of day (for me around 4 pm) eat one of my protein meals with a cup of tea; when I feel like going off my plan come on MFP and participate in community. Keep my eye on the prize (feeling great)