What should i do if it takes me longer than 12 weeks to get lean? keep going?

Options
I did my first cut after my first bulk I went from 180-166lbs give or take 2lbs it lasted 12weeks then I stopped because I didn't like feeling small in my clothes I am bulking now 3.2k calories daily how long should I bulk and cut?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Only you can decide I think
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    That's a very personal choice.
  • kieranpalmer1995
    kieranpalmer1995 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    YeH
    That's a very personal choice.
    Yeah your both right I just don't wanna be too small or to fat :( if I bulk I'll feel fater if I cut I'll feel small if I maintain would I be able to loss fat and gain but do it slowly
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You could recomp, which means eating at maintenance and lifting weights so you can burn fat and build muscle. It is a slower way to build muscle, because you don't have as much energy going toward that process, but then you avoid the cutting process.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    if you're going to do bulk and cut cycles, that comes with the territory...

otherwise, find your happy medium. i'm pretty much at my best when I'm sitting around 180 and 12% BF...it's easily maintainable, doesn't mess with my hormones, allows me to be relatively effective in both the weight room and on my bike, and I look good in both clothes and naked. as i continue to workout, my body continues to improve aesthetically over the months and years.