Mini Slow Cooker

Options
lx3tx
lx3tx Posts: 34 Member
Does anyone here have one? Since I live alone, I think the small size would be more appropriate for me. I can't seem to find any recipes. How do you adjust recipe sizes and does it affect cooking time?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lx3tx wrote: »
    Does anyone here have one? Since I live alone, I think the small size would be more appropriate for me. I can't seem to find any recipes. How do you adjust recipe sizes and does it affect cooking time?

Instead of making small meals I invested in freezer containers and just put individual portions into the freezer. Everything I've ever made in the crockpot has frozen well (I can't guarantee everything will, but it's my experience so far). I can make a few different things and essentially stock my freezer with homemade meals and not have to worry about meal prep for a long time.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    lx3tx wrote: »

Beware - some mini slow cookers are actually just warmers. Read reviews before purchasing (if you don't own one already).

I do the freezer thing too. I make a big pot of white chili (or stuffed pepper soup....2 favorites) in the crock pot & portion it out. Then I have several meals.
  • lx3tx
    lx3tx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I don't own one already. Looks like freezing is the way to go!
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. It's also nice for holidays and parties for keeping things warm. You'd be more limited with a mini. Just adjust your recipes down, for less portions.