? For Women- What exercises should I do .....

to target that area of the very upper thigh and very lower abdomen- i do squats and crunches but this area is very soft and lumpy. I feel like all my exercises miss that area- should i do reverse crunches for this or what do you recommend? I have never had children or surgery and workout 6 days i am unclear how this area remains unchanged. please advise thank you!

Replies

• alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    There's no such thing as spot-targeting, and every person "holds weight" differently. If you lose fat all over, you'll become less "soft and lumpy." I'd focus more on controlling your food intake than anything else, to be honest.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    O2BNWA wrote: »
    to target that area of the very upper thigh and very lower abdomen- i do squats and crunches but this area is very soft and lumpy. I feel like all my exercises miss that area- should i do reverse crunches for this or what do you recommend? I have never had children or surgery and workout 6 days i am unclear how this area remains unchanged. please advise thank you!

No spot reduction, sorry. I like doing Pilates - this targets your core (including lower abs).

Ultimately losing enough fat should do the trick.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Lose fat to get less lumpy. Do some sort of progressive resistance exercises for legs to firm up--squats, lunges, etc. But don't only do squats and lunges. Do a program that hits your full body. At the least, do a comprehensive lower body program like the lower-only variation of Strong Curves.
  • O2BNWA
    O2BNWA Posts: 18 Member
    Yes I want to "target" that area- and regardless of my weight that area has always been the same so its not simply an issue of fat- which is frustrating as you can imagine. At 135 pounds that area was lumpy, at 240 pounds that area was lumpy, now at 168 pounds that area is lumpy! the skin is very thin in that area not sure if that is creating a skin sagging issue/ loosening skin and that is actually what is distracting me. I am not familiar with Strong Curves at all- its online?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member

Strong Curves is a book but you can find the workouts online.