I'm new, too!

S100811
S100811 Posts: 1
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I just signed up today after finally forcing myself to get on the scale and realizing that my weight has gotten out of control in the last several months. I have PCOS with moderate insulin-resistance issues, for which I take medications. When I was first diagnosed, I weighed around 220 pounds, but I was able to lose that and get down to 145 fairly quickly once I started taking my medications and tracking what I ate. However, I stopped taking my meds and seriously watching my calories about nine months ago, and I have since gained back around 30 pounds. I am slowly re-starting my medications and need to monitor my calorie, carb, and protein intake to get this back under control.

I'm also getting married in four months! I know that I can't expect to safely lose 30 pounds between now and my wedding date, but I can definitely look better than I do now and I think that's a good start. My fiance is very supportive and is actually trying to lose a bit of weight himself, but I thought this website would be a good way to get the extra encouragement that I need. So here I am!

Replies

• Although I'm NOT new to dieting and trying to lose weight... I'm new to Myfitnesspal.... I'm hoping that by keeping track of what I eat and do... I will be more accountable. I have gained about 30lbs just in the last year and am still in shock over what the scale says.

Good luck to you too!
This discussion has been closed.