260lbs to 145lbs!

Options
Hi! My name is Jessica and I am currently weighing in at 260lbs and I am 5'8".

My daily calorie goal is 1,460. Today was my first day and I made it to 1,348. Is that good or bad?

I need all the motivation I can get :)

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    jessica welcome and congrats on your will power to start this up...honestly if you want my suggestion ive done this a couple times start at the highest calories possible and still losing .5lbs a week.....yes yes i know its slow however you wont starve or burn out, you wont binge and cheat and it will become a life change.

Starting so low of calories now your setting yourself up for failure....eventually you will not maintain it or be able to lower it more...1400 is pretty low already in my opinion.
  • tsscholten
    tsscholten Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica. I'm a newbie too! I'm so glad I found this sight. It's like weight watchers but free. I started out at 1800 calories a day. Now I'm at 1600 with exercise and I already lost 2.5 pounds. I'm 5'6 and now 242 pounds. My goal is 150 by August 2016 for all school reunion. We can do it together and hopefully become friends. Started gaining weight after I took an office job 7 years ago. I was suprised what the scale said when I finally was brave enough to get on it. I dusted off my wii fit and plan on walking my dog a lot. He is a 7 month old german wirehaired hunting dog named charlie and he needs to walk. Here is to OUR success. Have a great weekend! Hello to any other newbies!!!!
    Tara from south dakota.