Looking for MFP friends

Options
Hey all, I'm 34 and live in the SF Bay Area. I've been casually working on my weight the last year (have lost 12 lbs), but I have a lot more to go (looking to lose another 100 lbs). I've decided enough is enough and I want to really commit myself to logging on MFP and getting healthy (in the past, I've found that detailed logging and accountability was the most effective way for me to lose weight). I'd welcome any friends who are either starting a similar journey or willing to provide some support along the way.

Replies

• Amberleah21
    Amberleah21 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've lost 25 lbs in six weeks and I may have quit a few times if it weren't for my mfp friends. I can't share my honest experiences in this journey and get that kind of support from my real life family and friends. If you want another friend who is here daily, feel free to add me.
  • creamcake2
    creamcake2 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Now sure what type of weight loss plan you are doing....but I am doing LCHF (Low Carb High Fat)...and I LOVE IT ! In 29 days I have lost 20 pounds...and I am NOT hungry....ever. I am still learning everything about LCHF but I DO believe it is the fat the keeps us "full". There is a great group here called LCHF...why don't you join? There is also a wealth of information there...starting on the "landing Pad" thread. Feel free to add me...we can lose weight together !!
  • Sashysash2806
    Sashysash2806 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • suzannep281
    suzannep281 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would like to invite anyone who has 150 lbs. to lose or less to lose to friend me. I do not know how to friend someone, but I joined MFP on Oct 29th and have lost 28 lbs so far. I use swimming as my form of exercise. I do my food diary every day. I am a 66 yr old retired school teacher with type 2 diabetes who is highly motivated to be healthy. I love to encourage people in their successes and lift them up in encouragement when they need it. Come and join me in this positive journey. We can encourage each other along the way! My name is Suzanne.