Post weight saaaaaaaaaaags

Options
Ladies!
I have a question for the large busted and fabulous women out there.
I have over eighty pounds to lose. I'm tall, and and overly well endowed but I see as I lose weight my breasts are starting to sag. I have a lot of stretch marks around my underarms and breasts and reeeeally don't want to have flat flappy boobs. I know it's shallow but if I can prevent it id like to. Will this happen or is there a way to prevent it? Any success stories out there who can set my mind at ease or set me on the right track?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it will happen, but there really isn't much you can do to prevent it. Eighty pounds isn't really that bad. At 80 pounds, my boobs weren't as bad as they are now. They deflated a little, but weren't floppy, hideous things like they are now.

You could manage to do it with no problems! :)

There are machines at the gym that will work your chest, but they can't put flesh under your boobie skin. I wish!
  • Igoligirl
    Igoligirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I don't know if it will happen, but there really isn't much you can do to prevent it. Eighty pounds isn't really that bad. At 80 pounds, my boobs weren't as bad as they are now. They deflated a little, but weren't floppy, hideous things like they are now.

You could manage to do it with no problems! :)

There are machines at the gym that will work your chest, but they can't put flesh under your boobie skin. I wish!

Thanks girl :) I'll do some research on machines at the gym to help :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @Igoligirl, Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to replace fatty breast tissue. However, depending on the amount of weight you have to lose, how long you were at your previous weight, your age, and your genetic disposition, you may have the skin tighten to make your breasts a little more firm. This can continue two years after your weight loss.
    Get fitted for, and wear a good bra, supportive sport bra when exercising.

There are exercises you can do to improve the pectoral muscles under the breasts that may give the appearance of perter breasts. Bench Press, dumbbell or machine fly, or a pull over would help. Exercises for the lats ( latisimus Dorsi), upper back muscles, will help with the side and upper back, lat pull down would be good.

Really, looking at a good progressive compound lifting programme, where you are lifting weights heavy for you, would be the ideal thing. It will help with muscle retention and bone density while you lose, and because it is a compound programme, would address the muscles that the exercises above are intended for, as well as the rest of your body.

Cheers, h.