Weight before and after Exercise

Options
So I have become a scale addict, lol. I have a routine where I weigh myself every morning before I go to the gym, then once I get back home. And I have come to an interesting situation. I usually weigh a good 3 pounds less after working out. Can a person really lose that much water weight in 65 min of cardio? I am in some disbelief, lol. I had my girlfriend do the same thing, she loses some weight, but not as much as I do. I just find this very interesting. Anyone have any input? Would love to hear it.

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. And there is variation among individuals. Some don't lose that much, but I would say that 3 lb for 65 min exercise is not that unusual. I am in the 3-4 lb range myself and I have seen as high as 7lb in an hour.
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I'm sure your body is a little dehydrated from the good workout. Unfortunately it's not a real loss, but it is good to see it on the scale. Just know that you are getting in a great workout. Good luck
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I weigh less after a workout too. In fact, I weigh less at night than I do in the morning sometimes. Sometimes not. But I still have yet to figure out why I weight more first thing in the morning than I do about an hour after I wake up - after I have had water and coffee. So weird.
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    Thats really cool. However I would be sad when those three pounds are back on at the end of the day. lol
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I can lose that much but only if I don't drink enough water. I sometimes weigh more if I drink enough.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Queenofcups~ if you figure that out, let me know too...lol I weigh less as well AFTER i have my morning coffee.:drinker:
    Personally, i don't notice any difference in weight after exercise.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Each gram of glycogen you burn sheds 2.7g(also have seen 3-4g) of water I believe. Plus perspiration, 20g of fat as fuel, possibly a little muscle. I can drop 5 easily.