The Last 10 lbs are always the hardest...

Options
atay18
atay18 Posts: 39 Member
Hi everyone! I thought I'd introduce myself since everyone seems so nice! I'm in fairly decent shape, but always find it so hard to lose the last 10 lbs. Now I'm getting married in 10 weeks, and it seems totally appropriate to try to lose 1 lb a week until then! I have been on here for 2 days now and am already more aware of my snacking and going out and how it effects my weight loss goal. I'll need support to not indulge in those after work beers! Thanks for listening.

Replies

• mookibe
    mookibe Posts: 2
    Options
    Good Luck! I agree with you about the last 10 pounds...you should try mixing up your workouts for better results!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes this last 10 is ridiculously stubborn! Ugghh! And yummmmm nice cold evening beers...I've been doing great lately though with passing them up ...water, water, water lol good luck and congrats on your upcoming marriage! Yay :)
    *feel free to add me if you'd like

:) Brandi
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    before you go out for beer , or even at home, drink 2 glasses of cold water.BEFORE EVERY BEER I tried and works . I didn't finish my beer after that . I WAS SO FULL OF WATER:)
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi Your case sounds exactly like mine! I am getting married in 7 weeks and am trying to shift the last 7 lbs but it just won't budge. I'm going to try to increase my calories by 200 every other 2 days and then drop back down the other days. After speaking to someone at work today (who lost 4 stone and is also a science teacher so she knows the how it works) I'm also gonna try to eat all my carbs during the day and just eat protein at night with salad or veg. She said your body doesn't burn off many carbs at night and it goes straight to the fat reserve if no carbs to burn. She gave me a quote that I thought was quite good:

"Breakfast like a King, lunch like a Queen and dine like a Pauper"

I'm hoping if I take her advice it might kick start things again. She also said to start exercising which if I'm honest I've done barely any so may need to jump on board with that! Boooooo. Anyway, Good luck! :)
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi Your case sounds exactly like mine! I am getting married in 7 weeks and am trying to shift the last 7 lbs but it just won't budge. I'm going to try to increase my calories by 200 every other 2 days and then drop back down the other days. After speaking to someone at work today (who lost 4 stone and is also a science teacher so she knows the how it works) I'm also gonna try to eat all my carbs during the day and just eat protein at night with salad or veg. She said your body doesn't burn off many carbs at night and it goes straight to the fat reserve if no carbs to burn. She gave me a quote that I thought was quite good:

I'm hoping if I take her advice it might kick start things again. She also said to start exercising which if I'm honest I've done barely any so may need to jump on board with that! Boooooo. Anyway, Good luck! :)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    LOVE the quote! And the info about the carbs is great! Im going to give it a try :) thanx for sharing and congrats on your upcoming marriage also!!!