hey all new to MFP

Options
Hey all i'm a 36 yr old male , from bc canada, just recently joined a fit for life program and was looking for some insight...i found thid dight and so far seems to cover most of my needs .....305 lbs as of september 3rd , havent been active at all in about 2 yrs, so here's to getting started, still learning what to eat and i believe that will be my biggest challenge , so any insight would be greatly appreciated ....

Replies

• jessup_70
    Options
    Hey all i'm a 36 yr old male , from bc canada, just recently joined a fit for life program and was looking for some insight...i found thid dight and so far seems to cover most of my needs .....305 lbs as of september 3rd , havent been active at all in about 2 yrs, so here's to getting started, still learning what to eat and i believe that will be my biggest challenge , so any insight would be greatly appreciated ....
  • molly73
    Options
    hi I just started today. Good luck on your weight loss goals.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Good luck Jessup. Well I have been here for about 2 weeks myself. I am not new to trying to eat healthy but I haven't stayed up on it as well as I should. If you are anyone else for that matter would like extra recipes I have quite a collection of books covering healthy meals. It is certainly a challenge for all of us.

jltwedell@msn.com
  • jessup_70
    Options
    hey thanks for the help ...i am feeling the biggest difference i have to make is getting out from in front of the television .....and watching all these inspiring weight loss shows ...and actually doing it .....thanks again and good luck to all ......stick with it
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    jessup,

Let us know how you do with "fit for life," okay? I read the books but I couldn't deal with the meal-planning. If someone would plan the meals, it would be so much easier! (and buy them and cook them - even better!) I had trouble trying to remember which foods go with which other foods, didn't stick wih it. They have been around a long time, and I was wondering how you are doing with it.

cm
  • jessup_70
    Options
    so started the body for life on september 10th ...
    weighed 307lbs ..at 5'6" but my lean mass is 190. at 37 .5 % body fat.
    so alot to loose ./..goal is around 260 for this contest which lasts 12 weeks...
    so for those whos math is as bad as mine ....47 lbs to loose

to answer your question on meal planning , what i did was jump on the body for life sight and down loaded the top 3 champions meal plan ( no exact measurments by the way ...so had to learn before hand what portions.) and have been following them religiosly
    1st week was horrible food wise, i was so hungry , so my calories daily are around 16-18 hundred calories. this week no urges and feeling much better went from 15 minutes of cant walk cardio to an hour and a half ( but alot of slowing down to walk ...but intensity is growing quickly.

so heres to sticking with it ...my props to the founders of my fitness pal with out this sight i would have not enjoyed seeing the graphs of what i have eaten and what could be better ...my thanks again .....so up and at em ..off the couch go for a walk ...toss your computer chair get an exercise ball ..( i keep falling off mine by the way ...)

M
  • jessup_70
    Options
    oh yeah by the way ..hard work pays off ...september 19 ....................296 lbs
    (i am sure alot of water ...but glad to see im under 300 )
  • cwalbrj
    Options
    Good luck Jessup! Looking forward to reading about your progress. I love this site - it is really helpful to me.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great so far! Keep it up!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!

Niccole
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Oh, jessup-

I thought you started "Fit For Life". That one I tried - for about two days.....I've never heard of "body for life" - good for you - whatever you're doing it's working. YOU can do this!

~cm
  • stupidrobot
    stupidrobot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting below 300! Here's hoping for your continued success!