Christmas List

Options
So it's the time of year that people start asking what I want for Christmas and I want some fitness stuff.
So I am wondering what everyone here thinks is a good or must have fitness item.
Whats your favorite work out thing (weights or books or videos or anything) that you use that gives you an awesome burn?

Replies

• MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Garmin edge 1000 cycle computer. Not gonna happen but it's in my letter to Santa just in case
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Dear Father Christmas
    I want some muscles. Not the equipment, just muscles, not big ones, just enough to see me through old age kicking *kitten*.
    Thank you, h.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    New cycling shorts.
    (Got to look after the family jewels...)
  • ainarsraciks
    ainarsraciks Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do not want a fat, creepy man with pedo tendencies climbing down my chimney. You don't come to my house, I will beat you up with my baseball bat!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    My/ a general fitness wish list:

1 new gym bag
    2 $ to take an aerial silks class.
    3 a massage
    4 My favorite workout capris have been discontinued so I would love gift cards to retailers where I could buy new pants.
    5 New ipod armband because mine is funky monkey.
    6 Wristwraps, lifting belt and other lifting accessories.
    7 Entry fees for an ocr or trail run
    8 New sport specific shoes is a good request.
    9 stuff for mobility/Doms Foam roller, lacrosse balls/ trigger wand
    10 device like a fit bit or something similar.
    11 If you don't have access to good yoga classes perhaps a gift card to a yoga studio
    12 I think you have to eat to perform so I wouldn't mind gift cards to grocery stores.
    13) If you use protein powder or quest bars a few of those are good.
    14 Etc etc etc.

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm asking for:

- Nike running tights and long sleeved top
    - New sports bra
    - Kettlebell set (hoping to move towards ditching the gym membership to save money, so these would be a godsend!)
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Gainz.. All kinds of gainz
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    My absolute must have is a waterproof IPod shuffle (which Santa gave me last Christmas).

Otherwise:
    Good shoes
    Really good socks (can't have enough of these)
    Reflective and blinking gear for early mornings or after dinner
    Clothing that fits well so you don't chafe
    If you swim, a lap counter you can wear on your finger
    Someone paying for your gym membership for a month or two
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks guys.
    If we could just ask for muscles I don't think we would be here though
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Probably that Polar A360 :smiley: and to meet my 10 lbs weight loss goal before Xmas day.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I'm asking for:

- New sports bra
    - Kettlebell set (hoping to move towards ditching the gym membership to save money, so these would be a godsend!)

You won't regret it, my KB's were one of the best fitness investments I've made!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    My Christmas list this year includes a new Fitbit/Garmin/not sure which, still deciding...Also includes, new workout gloves, mine are falling apart every time I lift a Kettlebell....I think I'll also ask for more running pants and sports bras, because the 20 of each I have is never enough!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @tiffanyfoundit, I would still be here if Father Christmas gave me muscles. You guys would have to teach me how to look after them and feed them - just like if I got a pony or a kitty-cat.

Cheers, h.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Get the cash add the extra that is needed and purchase a Vitamix, you will not regret it.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Squat shoes
    More wrist wraps. I can never have enough

And if you really really want to spoil me, a bench shirt.
  • tiffanyfoundit
    Options
    If you get kettlebells do you need gloves too? Will it give you crazy blisters otherwise?
  • yesimpson
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I'm asking for:

- New sports bra

You won't regret it, my KB's were one of the best fitness investments I've made!

Good to hear! I hope my luck's in then!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I would love a Garmin or Polar or *insert other brand here* running watch. Or any kind of GC to an athletic clothes store to buy what I want. Or having a race entry paid for. But ultimately none of those will have.
  • tiffanyfoundit
    Options
    What size kettlebells are best do you think?
  • yesimpson
    Options
    What size kettlebells are best do you think?

The set I'm going for has ones at 3, 5, 7 and 9kgs. Fairly light because besides a few classes and using them for goblet squats when the squat rack is in use at the gym, I haven't been regularly doing full body exercises with them, so I know form needs to be key and weights light whilst I'm practicing. But I've really enjoyed what I have done with them so far and I'd love to have access to resistance training equipment at home so I can quit my £45 a month gym membership!

If all goes well and I enjoy using KBs at home regularly, I plan to buy heavier ones as I progress. Different weights for different exercises, getting heavier as you get stronger and your technique improves.