Knee problems

Options
I am just curious to know if this happens to anybody. Every time I use the bicycle at the gym my knee start acting up. For some reason it's always my left knee. What should I do? Please help.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are lots of possibilities. What does act up mean? How soon does it begin? How long does it last? Does it hurt? Where? How bad? How long has this been going on?

Without knowing anything and of course not bring a doctor, my best suggestion would be to warm up first. Lots of people have issues with one or more joints. There may be an injury or strain you weren't even aware of, or that knee just might be structured a little differently. So sometimes you just have to live with it. If it's extremely painful, see a doctor.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a bad right knee. I can run approximately three miles before I have to stop because of my knee. I went to physical therapy for it, and learned the pain was actually related to weak hamstrings. You can look up some specific exercises...squats can help a bit too. Definitely look up stretches!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    The seat might not set right. Pretty common cause of knee pain. Search Youtube for "adjusting seat on a bicycle". :+1:
  • adescut
    adescut Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, it might be the seat. That's what caused my knee pain. Once that was adjusted (it was either too forward or back), I was good.