Garmin Connect Buddies!

Options
As an early birthday gift, I was given Garmin Vivofit tonight... now I need friends! Everyone I know is using fitbit... please feel free to add me, here and there. ashliefisch!

Replies

• AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hiiiii!! Everyone I know has a fitbit too but I wouldn't change my Garmin Vivosmart for nothing! Love my watch & I've had a number of brands throughout the years. I'd love to be friends with you on both MFP & Connect! I have the same user name on both.
  • Lil206
    Lil206 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd love to connect LisaLee206. I use garmin
  • megmuffer
    megmuffer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same! my connect name is mzfrazier0428
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm using a VivoSmart & added you all. I'm krm2007 over here!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm adding all of you but my garmin name is my real name so I'm not saying it here. My initials on my garmin are N.L
  • Expatmommy79
    Options
    Asara, Lisa and KRM I've tried adding you but your names are not coming up on the search.
  • Expatmommy79
    Options
    Ok never mind! Added you all - caps lock sensitive! Doh!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    SuggaD
  • Expatmommy79
    Options
    I've just updated my garmin so my name is Expatmommy79
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    tjk1977 if you want to add.
  • OJLight
    OJLight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin but not sure how to use it :( on my to do list !! Have u found it useful ??
  • Expatmommy79
    Options
    OJLight wrote: »
    I have a garmin but not sure how to use it :( on my to do list !! Have u found it useful ??

I love mine. It just makes me realize how little I'm moving some days and if at the gym, helps push me that little bit harder to try and beat my goals from a week before. If by mid afternoon I'm far away from 10,000 steps it's a message to tell me to go for a walk or to get busy with something that will make me move.

To use it isn't hard. You just pop it on your arm. Download the software on your phone or pc and sync. There are easy instructions in the box and online.
  • barefootjon
    barefootjon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Everyone uses fitbit so I can never compete in any step competitions or anything. I really need to find some Garmin friends. I have a Garmin Fenix 3, but it does everything the vivofit does I think.
  • redhawk3
    redhawk3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have my Vivo2 Garmin Synced to MFP and I walk over 9,500 steps per day and it is only showing like 280 calories burned when I check MFP. This seem wrong. Anyone else do this many steps for so few calories burned?
  • wleport
    wleport Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have a Fenix 3. But you can join matchup.io and challenge across devices. Free app on iOS.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me JDubbs2222
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have a Garmin Viofit, I haven't been able to sync to MFP. I love my Garmin though. I originally ordered a Fitbit, couldn't get it to sync, then read bad reviews so I sent it back and ordered Garmin. I sync to Connect on my phone and have everything there I just thought it might be cool to sync to MFP.
  • alphabull
    alphabull Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just got my Garmin VivoActive last week. I'm also looking for some new connections on Garmin Connect. I'll send a few requests, but if anyone wants to send, I'll except. I'm 60+ lbs down with another 60+ to go, so I'm active everyday. Add me with Chris Durham.
  • ryjorobi
    ryjorobi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone may add me as well: rynjorobi