Attention all moms.....help?!?!? Embarassing pics =(

Options
2»

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hubby wants me to get a boob job since I went from a DD to a C

I can't even begin to think what I would tell my other half if I was ever told that! :angry: :grumble:
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I had two babies in 1 year and my youngest is 9 months. I lost all the baby weight but 10 lbs before I started the low calorie diet in January. I have lost that 10 plus 39 more and my stretch marks look TERRIBLE! My skin actually looks wrinkly since I lost the weight and the skin is looser now. Hubby wants me to get a boob job since I went from a DD to a C so I think if he saves money for that then I can save for a tummy tuck. I did see a post on her before linking to a website that said if yhou lose the weight the skin will go back to normal. The reason it is still there is because there is still fat under it. I still have 21lbs to lose so I will see how it looks after that and decide if the surgery is the only option. I just think after working so hard to lose weight we should at least feel good about how we look.

That's why I was so persistent on losing the weight, but i found out i'm only about 10 pounds from my pre baby size and I actually have curves now which I never had before and I like it....just hate my stomach. And my stomach is wrinkly also I told my husband it looks like oatmeal and it drives me crazy! it shows through all my shirts, hangs over all my pants and if you look at it from the side it looks like a doughnut around my belly button =(
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I asked the same question myself just this morning
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Do you run or jog? I used to run cross country in high school and surprisingly, when you run or jog you work your stomach much more than your legs. Running is one of the best ways to strengthen your core and firm your tummy.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Check out Buffmother - she had 4 kids (one set of twins) within 4 or 5 years and went from frumpy to fabulous!

http://www.buffmother.com/my-story.html
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    I had two kiddos c-section and had a big pooch i did 6 week 6pack twice then 30 day shred and now ripped in 30 and insanity and turbojam are in the mail.... i don't have a before pic of my flap because well i didn't want one but now i barely have a flap and stretch marks but i was so proud i rocked a bikini at the beach anyway!!

img252110_1693724274209_1570863580_1294370_4627277_n.jpg
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    I had two kiddos c-section and had a big pooch i did 6 week 6pack twice then 30 day shred and now ripped in 30 and insanity and turbojam are in the mail.... i don't have a before pic of my flap because well i didn't want one but now i barely have a flap and stretch marks but i was so proud i rocked a bikini at the beach anyway!!

250453_1693725314235_1570863580_1294372_3796682_n.jpg
    252110_1693724274209_1570863580_1294370_4627277_n.jpg
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of research on how to get my belly back somewhat too. I've talked with doctors, yoga instructors and personal trainers. The all told me that to get rid of the pooch you need to really work your obliques specifically. Normal crunches do strengthen but by working your obliques you pull your waist in and it flattens the lower pooch. I'm working on it now so I can't tell you it is tried and true for me yet but it was the general concensus that I got. Good luck!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I ain't never had kids but after losing 85lbs and keepin it off goin on 3 years my stomach is still stretched. I have a recent pic under my pics taken back in March of my stomach under my pics.

I've seen some women who have been able to tighten up their skin and others who can't. I guess it all depends. They say when it comes to skin genetics play a big role in it and so does diet. I for one don't eat the healthiest.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I call my stomach a saddlebag. And the stretch marks I have are even worse looking than the extra skin. Horrible.
    I went for a consultation to get abdominoplasty (aka Tummy Tuck).

I was told it is extra skin that will not go away because skin can only stretch, it doesn't shrink. But he said I would need to get down to my target weight before having it done. It's very expensive. But in about a year, I'm hoping, I will need it. Hoping to get financing. :)
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew the answer other than something drastic (and expensive) like a tummy tuck. My children are 17 and 15. I had them when I was 19 and 20 so I was young. My skin never went back to normal and even if I was 110lbs again I would never wear a bikini as I have stretch marks like a road map!

It has been a very depressing topic with me -- Just when I think I look great but I really get upset when I look at my stomach :(
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    This has been a huge concern for me also... I have major stretch marks..and I'm afraid of having the baby pouch or whatever you wanna call it. I've have 4 kids.. 9,8 and twin 6 year olds. I hope it really depends on genectics.. but I've also have 3 c-sections so that worries me. good luck :) oh the smallest i've been is 110.. the biggest 145ish..so 35lbs of stretching :(
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew the answer other than something drastic (and expensive) like a tummy tuck. My children are 17 and 15. I had them when I was 19 and 20 so I was young. My skin never went back to normal and even if I was 110lbs again I would never wear a bikini as I have stretch marks like a road map!

It has been a very depressing topic with me -- Just when I think I look great but I really get upset when I look at my stomach :(

yeah I used to be 110 before kids.. my goal right now is 115. I know my belly is gonna look crazy with so many stretch marks.. but I think i'm still gonna wear a bathing suit. It shouldn't matter what other people think! I heard stretch marks tan too..so that would help
  • acave9406
    Options

that show it is with me, I was around 117 before my daughter, got extremely sick during pregnancy and dropped to 90lbs. by the end of my pregnancy I was 136 and i'm not 128, I'm not that far off from where I was but I also have a butt now, which I dont mind too much. when I where my clothes i'm pretty confident but as soon as I see my tummy it all spirals down =(
  • acave9406
    Options

img252110_1693724274209_1570863580_1294370_4627277_n.jpg

You look fantastic!!!
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I've seen similar post before. I myself had two c-sections. I've been told I'll be lucky to ever get my tummy back firm. I have learned some exercises and waiting to see if my tummy goes back flat. I can say I have a 6 seconds ab and I do some other exercises that focus on toning my core. Not sure what is working but I do see some improvement. No it's not flat yet but just seeing some progress is encouraging. I do know I totally feel the burn every single time I use the 6 second abs... the resistance bands are awesome... and I always feel the burn deep down. I've lost an inch so far... and just seeing that pooch slowly shrink is encouragement enough for me to continue doing the same exercises over and over. about 3-4 days a week.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Didnt get to see pics, but i understand ive always had a pooch since young so my stomach was always in 2 pieces,
    After losing bout 50lbs it was much smaller but not flat enough, its still not. But wen i want that area to look good i cut sodium and run like a horse & focus on lower ab exercises. Endermology is the way to go for this problem i heard from fitness models that had this same problem. Good luck
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    I heard the same question asked of a fitness expert and running/jogging always comes back as the number one best way to tighten the skin around your abdominal area. I started Couch to 5 k this week, so I can't tell you yet if that is true, but I am sure hoping. I gained 80 with both of my children. Lost it, no problems with the first (pre 30) without many skin issues, and having troubles with it after #2 (post 30) with some pretty gross skin problems. Stretch marks, extra skin...oh yea, I'm bringin sexy back. (not really).

I had ER c-sections both times too, so I am thinking that I will probably get most of the tightness back with the exception of probably the area right around the scar. My aunt had 3 c-sections and she is going the tummy tuck route, so we'll see.
  • zumbariffic
    Options
    Running is a great way to work the core! And will work the lower...I had babies area.