The Weekend and Drinking...

Options
Hey everyone so I can generally control myself during the week as far as drinks and food goes, BUT on the weekend it's really hard after a couple drinks to say NO to tempting food... Any tips??? Also... Please friend me if your looking for friends on here... I am!!

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    When I started this last August I cut alcohol out completely. I know it's hard for a lot of people to do that. I just felt that alcohol was not just a waste of calories, but also led to poor decisions lolol

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your days to include those drinks and stick to the meals logged. This is where self-control will have to come in.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You could also "bank" some calories from during the week for weekend indulgences. I wasn't a big drinker before so the odd time I drink now it's rare enough for me to just log it and move on. My habits have also changed so much that the food cravings aren't nearly as overwhelming when drunk as they once were!

Oh another thing you could do, is have some thing pre-bought that you can bung in the microwave when you get home, so you know you have something tasty post drinking but you already know the calorie content. Same for planning your drinks.

So essentially, planning!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Today is my 11th day no alcohol.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi! Have you ever tried Michelob Ultra? Its pretty good if you are in an environment where you will be drinking. On the other hand, I gained a lot of weight in college from drinking! :(
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If you cut 100 calories from your total every day of the week, that could help you "cover" those weekend drinks?
    For me, I save at least 200 cals per day tho, because having a day or two each week where I stop caring and simply log it, really helps me keep my sanity.

I'm not saying this is the healthiest option, but after 6 months and 70lbs, it's worked for me =)

• MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    AA anyone? LOL
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    AA anyone? LOL

No...I like my weekly drunkeness =)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    AA anyone? LOL

Seriously? LOL
  • MarcyKirkton
    Options
    AA anyone? LOL

Seriously? LOL

Works great for me!
  • mishapley
    mishapley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking make sure you're dancing. Works off the calories and you're not eating.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    AA anyone? LOL

Seriously? LOL

Works great for me!

Great! Worked great for my dad as well. Based on these rather benign posts, it seems an unnecessary suggestion here, however.
  • MarcyKirkton
    Options
    AA anyone? LOL

Seriously? LOL

Works great for me!

Great! Worked great for my dad as well. Based on these rather benign posts, it seems an unnecessary suggestion here, however.

When I type lol, that means I am making a fun joke.
  • southhamptonmike
    southhamptonmike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'll be sipping on my lime flavored, carbonated water. I'm almost becoming addicted to it but it makes me forget about beer and has 0 calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    what are these tempting foods?

IDK...I'm having people over tonight and we'll all be drinking and having a grand old time. I'm making a roasted prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes and blanched green beans...we will eat that and be fine.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I make sure I drink two glasses of water or diet soda between each adult beverage. I find it really helps!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    AA anyone? LOL

Seriously? LOL

Works great for me!

When I type lol, that means I am making a fun joke.

It's still an odd comment, imho.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    what are these tempting foods?

IDK...I'm having people over tonight and we'll all be drinking and having a grand old time. I'm making a roasted prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes and blanched green beans...we will eat that and be fine.

Can I come over?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I make sure I drink two glasses of water or diet soda between each adult beverage. I find it really helps!

I try to have a club soda (with bitters) between adult drinks. Same idea.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Have a plan, maybe you save some calories, maybe you only have one drink and then stick to fizzy water with lime. Pre-log your food so you know what it will mean. Having some sort of plan makes it much easier for me to stick to my rules.