Gained weight

Options
So I've been trying to lose weight...I've been pretty good about working out and staying around my calorie goal for the last 2 weeks. Only went over my calorie goals like twice and I gained 3 pounds. I'm really discouraged and don't know why I put on weight

Replies

• Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is not very long, and you are most likely seeing your body's response to the working out (water weight).

Don't let the scale be your boss... keep at it and watch your calories and give yourself rest between workouts.

It takes time and the loss is not linear!

Good luck,
    R
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Beginning an exercise program causes mucsles to store glycogen. Glycogen requires a lot of water when it's stored for metabolic reasons. This can cause the exerciser to gain water weight. Once your muscles become used to the new activity 2-6 weeks, the body will shed the excess water. Don't worry about it. Keep an eye on it but just know there's a legitimate biological reason for your gain. It's not fat.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Did you recently eat something heaving in sodium? Is your period due or are you ovulating? Is the exercise new or did you increase it in recent days? These will all cause water retention that masks weight loss, and it's normal. If you don't drop in another week or two, then it's time to reassess your logging.