Lost 60 lbs and gained 10 back

Options
Hi all!
Last year with the help of myfitnesspal I was able to lose 60 lbs. Within the last 6 months I stopped using the app and gained 10 back. I'm here looking for emotional support to stop snacking, the sweets are my problem. ..

Replies

• tahn1000
    tahn1000 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My suggestion is to continue to use the app as a food diary once you have gained your weight goal. i'm not there yet (10kg down, 20+ to go) but i'm already thinking about how i'm going to maintain my 'ideal weight'. the other thing i am going to keep doing is making a weekly entry in my calendar app of what my weight is on that day (i've chosen thursdays, just because i actually started on a friday). i don't have a sweets problem, simply because i don't have the will power to resist anything outright, but i've found i don't need to. i just schedule things in :-) but what i have come across in the supermarket is individual serve size treats which are relatively low cal and biscuits too that i can easily have a couple of. when i feel like soft drink i buy it in small cans or small bottles also, as a way of limiting how much i will have at once (i don't like the diet stuff). chocolate i just have 4 squares of the dark variety which satisfies that need, once i found a brand of dark chocolate i liked. i have to say taste is important to me. if i don't like the taste, it isn't worth the calories no matter how few it has in it. and i've actually started rating food that way, especially when it comes to treats. it has to be worth the calories.

i can't say my diet is excessively healthy. i'm not into eating 'healthy' foods only, nor do i attempt to follow any diet regime. i don't restrict myself that way. i am just mindful of the calories.
  • cleartdm
    cleartdm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try those individually wrapped sweets when I REALLY need them