Over eaters..

Options
I have a HUGE problem with portion control. Even if I plan meals out ahead of time I always happen to eat way more than expected. Trying to find others who have overcame the same unhealthy food relationship. Help!

Replies

• TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I plate up my food and put the leftovers away before I sit down to eat. I had a problem going back and stealing bites from leftovers, if I put them away I don't have the temptation. Good luck!
  • morgensky
    morgensky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you takingbackforever! That will definitely help me stay away from having a second plate also!
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I plate up my food and put the leftovers away before I sit down to eat. I had a problem going back and stealing bites from leftovers, if I put them away I don't have the temptation. Good luck!

Great idea!

I'm the same way OP - I actually only make what we'll reasonably consume now .. That took a lot of mental focus to work through it, deciding between my goals and one extra helping of food. I try to find balance with stuff like vegetables tho - I can't think that an extra serving of asparagus or broccoli is a terrible thing. Keep it balanced and reasonable for yourself. Small changes create long term success.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    As much as possible I only cook one serving of food. When I do cook more servings, I also am in the "refrigerate immediately" camp.

I do my best to also make sure my meals are satiating - for me, protein + starch is a winning combination, so I eat many meals like that.
  • morgensky
    morgensky Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thank you! I try to eat light "complete" snacks while I am out such as tuna, crackers and carrots or peanut butter with a banana. When I come home I feel starved though and will eat a ridiculous amount of anything. The other day I came home and made food..while snacking on Halloween candy...and then made more food because I didn't feel "full" it's hard to make myself stop.