Does calorie goal change?

Options
Need some MFP help please. As I start dropping pounds will my daily calorie goal change at some point automatically or do I need to do something manually?
Thanks for your help!

Replies

• cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I believe you will need to go to "Settings" and then select "Update diet/fitness profile." After updating, you should then receive a new calorie goal.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    It will change automatically as you document your weight loss.

I must not have lost enough weight to know this. Well, now I know.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Your goals do not change automatically as you log your current weight, as long as you are logging your current weight in Progress on the mobile app or in Check-In on the Web version. The program will check if your current logged weight is at least 10 lbs. different than the last time you actually changed your goals. If so, the program will prompt you to ask if you want to change your goal, but if you decline, your goal will not change.

If you are logging your current weight in the Goal section, then yes, every time you log your current weight there the goals are recalculated and *may* result in a different goal number.

• mastersongt
    mastersongt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the explanation. So are you saying the goal section of MFP for current weight does not automatically update when I put in my current weight into the progress screen? I thought it was automatically updating. Thanks again!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the explanation. So are you saying the goal section of MFP for current weight does not automatically update when I put in my current weight into the progress screen? I thought it was automatically updating. Thanks again!

On the mobile app, the current weight that is *displayed* in the Goal section is your current weight, even if you have updated it in the Progress section. As long as you keep updating your weight in the Progress section, your actual Calorie goals will not change. If you just open the Goal section and look at the current weight (without changing it), nothing should happen to your Calorie goals. However, if you decide to change your current weight *while inside* the Goal section, you should see a pop-up on the mobile app that asks "Are you sure? This will recalculate your calorie and nutrient goals which will overwrite any custom settings. Would you like to continue? No or Yes."

On the Web version, the Goals and Check-In pages work differently, so they are not quite as confusing.

• tahn1000
    tahn1000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i came across this issue when i was struggling to get down the last bit of my first 10kg loss. now i've decided to go on the site and update my goals using the guided set up every 5kg.