weekend blues

Options
Does anyone else find it so terribly hard to keep your diet on the weekends. Too much time on my hands and all my favorite foods. Any ideas on some low calorie snacks l can keep handy so l don't fall off the wagon so to speak?

Replies

• barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My trick is baby carrots low calorie lots of fibre
  • Annatheb1
    Annatheb1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barry. I like that the app has a lot of main stream places are listed and l love the scan barcode feature.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    On weekends I find it helpful to stay with my week day routine: breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner. If I skip one of these meals I may get too hungry and over eat sometime during the day. I won't lie, sometimes I cannot stop thinking about what I will eat next - but I can always wait because the next feeding time isn't far away. I will also treat myself to an ice cream bar if I am craving sweets. Healthy Choice Fudge Bars are pretty satisfying. Today it was hard to keep occupied so I am reading blogs and posts on MFP. Even commenting on some : )
  • penguinparty510
    penguinparty510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on dry cereal. The Special K or Weight Watchers brands have tasty, sweet choices that are not too high in cals.
    Use a small bowl or ramekin, so you're not tempted to pour like, two servings worth.
    I enjoy the cereal because all the little pieces help me keep my hands busy when I have cravings for mindless snacking. I can stuff cereal in my mouth for hours, and not ding myself too bad on the calories, LOL.
  • EFryeinGA82
    EFryeinGA82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was a boredom snacker. I never did well with time and options, so I do this. Note: this is what works for me. lol I buy my groceries all at one time, every two weeks. I write down my inventory, and I make a menu, even down to my snacks. That way when I have time on my hands, and a cabinet full of my family's snacks, I follow my menu. I only substitute the items on the menu if it's with a healthy equal. It's satisfying, healthy, nutritious foods, and the weight is coming off. If I just can't handle it, and I'm about to go on a snack rage, I go for a walk, I dance, drink more water, or just remove myself in some way from the source. Good luck, stay strong, and do what works for you! :)
  • Annatheb1
    Options
    All great ideas thank you all so much!!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If you have any of those snacks in your house - get rid of them so you won't be tempted. You can use the free time to do a big work out , walk, play a sport or just get outside - Eastcoast Jim
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit less through the week so you can eat more at the weekend. That's what I do.
  • Annatheb1
    Options
    Thanks I try n eliminate bad stuff but I can't completely. My husband is not on a diet. Frequently he eats ice cream. I told him not to buy the big gallons only buy individual when he is gonna eat it. I went for a walk today when l wanted to binge. It was rough. I hate l am addicted to food.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging your days helps tremendously. Good luck!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I save room during the week for extra food on the weekends-I will do this on a cut, in maintenance, and now I'm bulking and I'll even do it now. Pre-log, bank some calories, enjoy.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Many of us 'bank' some of our calories from during the week to allow for higher indulgences at the weekend :]

Otherwise, pre-logging can be a HUGE help!