Fluctuation.

Options
now that I'm trying to maintain my weight I realize it fluctuates. But my concern is that it fluctuates a lot.... I go from 125.9 to 127.4 within a week (slowly gaining) then over the weekend I seem to drop back to 125.9. I think I might weigh more when I workout, but I'm thinking maybe when I workout I get lazy with my diet and end up over eating. So I guess my question is how much fluctuation is to much?

Replies

• ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    2lbs is not that big of a swing. I can go wilder than that some days. Give yourself a number in your head. Like I will not go over 130. Don't sweat it until it gets to close for comfort to whatever number you decide. You are going to fluctuate.... it is just part of it.

PS.... Can I have your heavy weight please. It would be a dream come true for me. :D
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    That isn't bad and actually normal. I have read that weight can flucuate up to 3-6 lbs.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I try to keep my weight within a "range" instead of saying I want to weigh "X pounds." That way, you can have fluctuation and not get stressed out about it. If I go over the top of my range, then I kick myself back in gear.
    That being said, I'd like my range to be about five pounds lower than it currently is....but truthfully, I'm a happy girl anytime the scale reads less than 140 pounds. :wink:
    Kaye
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    Ok I guess I'll stop stressing so much. I'm just afraid because I'm going to be in a bikini in 8 days (Disney world!) and I always put a lot of pressure on myself... I feel kinda ridiculous. Thanks for all the reassurance.
  • gaylejones
    gaylejones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A couple of lbs is not bad. Water retention, especially for women, can vary from day to day. I weigh every day, but only record it when I break my previous low point. I don't worry about it unless I have gained more than 5 lbs.
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You body weight can easily swing 5 pounds based on how hydrated you are, when the last time you ate or had a bowel movement was, and so on. For most consistent results, weigh yourself first thing in the morning, preferably fully evacuated. Incidentally, this is also a lower weight than any other time of the day.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    One more quick slightly dumb question. Coffee and tea count for water intake right?
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a bad question. I used to think tea was a diuretic, but apparently it isn't unless you drink mint tea. I drink a mixture of black tea, green tea , chamomile and coffee. I count them as water but at about half of what I drink, to make sure that I am drinking more than plenty of water to compensate for flushing my system. Water is as important to filter the toxins from tissue as it is in keeping your blood pressure regular. Don't substitute too much of it with other choices.
    With that said I am not a nutritionist, but have worked in health care for 20 years and I can tell you that the people that stay healthy as a lifestyle don't skimp on their water. Adequate hydration is critical to all body tissues. Don't take any chances. (Unhappy tissues develop dis-ease or disease.)
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a bad question. I used to think tea was a diuretic, but apparently it isn't unless you drink mint tea. I drink a mixture of black tea, green tea , chamomile and coffee. I count them as water but at about half of what I drink, to make sure that I am drinking more than plenty of water to compensate for flushing my system. Water is as important to filter the toxins from tissue as it is in keeping your blood pressure regular. Don't substitute too much of it with other choices.
    With that said I am not a nutritionist, but have worked in health care for 20 years and I can tell you that the people that stay healthy as a lifestyle don't skimp on their water. Adequate hydration is critical to all body tissues. Don't take any chances. (Unhappy tissues develop dis-ease or disease.)