Take shape for life

Options
Have you tried it??

Replies

• KarenZedan
    KarenZedan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am down 19 lbs in 8 weeks. I just incorporated a workout of 5x a week at 35 mins a day. Hope to lose another 18 in 5 weeks minimum.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I could never deal with $300/month. That's beyond me financially. And I've been losing weight just eating at a deficit, we're actually losing almost the exact same amount:) I have lost 18 lbs since 1 Sept. Congratulations on sticking to it! I'm glad you found something that works well for you!
  • larajf
    larajf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start once I get the meals. How is it working for you now?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's Medifast 5 & 1 Plan - 800 to 1,000 calories a day. If you can stick to it, of course you'll lose weight.
    Of course it's not healthy or sustainable, and not allowed promoted in here.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/medifast-diet
  • xutopia7x
    xutopia7x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I Read abt modifying the food preparation online. This was key for me. For example, you can add some of the vegetables from your lean/green to the soups/pastas/chili to bulk them up (and u can split up your lean/green to two smaller portions for a lunch and dinner). If u eat the leanest meats you can eat more of them. Same w the veggies. Soak the pastas and soups for a few hours. Trust me on this. I don't bake the brownie, I just mix it, add 1 tsp of peanut butter (healthy fat) and stick it in the freezer. Drink all the water. I Space the meals every two hours. 8, 10, 2, 4, 8. 1/2 lean/green at 12 and 6 so I'm eating from 8-8 every two hours. The oatmeal keeps you fuller. Add the celery to your soups and chili (optional snack). Also- if you are working out reallyhard, you may have to add more. I spoke to my tsfl nutritionist who said to add some foods like sweet potatoes on days when I was training for a half marathon Bc I couldn't run 9-11 miles and stick to the plan. Good luck!
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes, you can lose weight on it, but you might find it's hard to maintain once you are off of it. I lost 30 pounds very quickly with TSFL in 2011, but I wasn't able to maintain it once I stopped eating the Medifast meals. I gained it all back in 2 months.

I personally had better luck with just counting calories, and found that the weight I lost was much easier to keep off since I didn't have to make such an abrupt change in my eating habits. I also saved a ton of money from not buying their prepackaged meals and that came in handy for when I had to buy new clothes.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs, dropped to a size 4, and have kept it off for 4 years - free. And I eat 1800-2000 cals a day.

Does this Take shape for life involve spending $300 a month and eating minimal cals forever? Sounds bleak.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products may be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.