on nutrisystem, need mentor

I am 50 yrs old and need to lose almost 100 lbs. I am having a very hard time at it.

Replies

• eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Nutrisystem should help you kick start your journey, if you follow their plan. If you find yourself too hungry with the portions stuff yourself with greens, carrots, peppers, cucumbers etc... (use yogurt salad dressings, not oil based). Add one low fat yogurt per day for a while.
    There is no secret to weight loss: you need to control your food intake. You control food. Food does not control you.
    Any change in behavior is difficult, it's also worth it (or else we would not even consider changing it). It demands discipline and planning. A pre-portioned diet, like nutrisystem, helps with the planning - you have to be in charge of the discipline. Measure and log everything you eat. Train yourself to accept (specially in the beginning) a certain degree of craving (specially to salt and sugar) - some tricks to deal with cravings: drinking water, using a "mantra", using a physical device (like a rubber band around your wrist that gets snapped). If you find yourself bored, do research on weight loss, do research on self control, or come here.
    You can do this.
  • donnabrewer255
    donnabrewer255 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you. Great advice.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    I have been on the plan since March. There is some great information available. There is a support group that I belong to http://nutrisystemrefugees.freeforums.net/