fitbit calories or mfp calories?

Options
I'm 19 years old, 5ft 6 and weigh 90kgs wanting to get down to 75. I have set mfp to lose .5kg a week which allows me 1800 calories, however on fitbit I can eat close to 2200 calories every day and fitbit still says I'm eating enough for a deficit? I work in hospitality so I'm usually on my feet majority of the day burning 2800 calories or sometimes less.

Which calories do I follow for my daily allowance?
Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP takes into account your activity level. What have you set your MFP activity level to?

You should follow the MFP calorie limit, and eat back the fitbit exercise calories earned.
  • MJade63
    MJade63 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I set it to lightly active
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    And have you synched your fitbit with MFP and enabled negative adjustments

Do that, log your food in MFP and follow MFP adjusted calories from fitbit each day

I often have trouble with fitbit recording me having eaten more ..because I'll log foods on MFP then replace with something else and fitbit updates without removing previous logs ...so I've learned to ignore the fitbit calories
  • MJade63
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    And have you synched your fitbit with MFP and enabled negative adjustments

Do that, log your food in MFP and follow MFP adjusted calories from fitbit each day

I often have trouble with fitbit recording me having eaten more ..because I'll log foods on MFP then replace with something else and fitbit updates without removing previous logs ...so I've learned to ignore the fitbit calories

I'm pretty sure I've done that but I'll double check, I sometimes find fitbit recording food logs twice like you said but I will usually delete the incorrect one to fix it. What confuses me is I've eaten my 1800 calories for today, my fitbit says I've burned 2000 so far and then mfp says I have over 1,000 remaining.

Sorry for all the confusion haha, I'm just getting used to all of this.

I appreciate your help!
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    MFP will use the activity from your fitbit and project your burn for the rest of the day. Eg my fitbit currently tells me i've burnt 3112 calories, in MFP my projected burn till midnight (in 3 hours) is 3332 calories using the data taken from fitbit. Since I have MFP set to sedentary it projects my daily burn at 1932 (before any fitbit adj) so 3332-1932 gives me an extra 1400 calories from exercise plus the 1200 calories mfp has already allocated to me.
  • MJade63
    Options
    That makes more sense now, thanks :)