Anyone on AIP, Autoimmune Protocol Diet?

Options
I would love to have some friends on here that are on the same diet and have open diarys. I'm new to AIP and its getting frustrating eating all the same stuff:/ Please help!! lol

Replies

• tashigolean115
    tashigolean115 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You may want to check the Paleo group
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    A few good sites. One suggests trying paleo as a stepping stone towards AIP. http://chriskresser.com/5-steps-to-personalizing-your-autoimmune-paleo-protocol/
    I can appreciate your frustration. Any restrictive diet, particularly that restrictive, gets boring. I will message you separately.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Are you doing this for medical reasons? I was checking this out for my 20 yr old daughter who has hashimotos and irritable bowel issues and a lot of headaches and digestive problems. She couldn't, or wouldn't do it. I wish she would for 4-6 weeks and eliminate all the things and slowly add to see what her trigger foods are. She instead is doing no gluten and dairy for awhile and see if she can tell a difference. Good luck with it. Hope you can find some helpful things on here.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Just keep your carbs below 120/day (below 100 is best). You be fine :)
  • DontJustWishForItWorkForIt
    Options
    Yes I am. I'm hoping it helps with my flares from my autoimmune disorder. I've been on ita week now and I'm less bloated a nauseas then before. Can't wait to see how I will feel after a couple months.
  • crperry1
    crperry1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am not, but I get a newsletter from a nutritionist who is...
    Empoweredsustenance.com
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I do whole30- which is an elimination diet- remove anything that causes inflammation. Then after 30 day, you slowly reintroduce foods and see what kind of reaction you have. Based on the book, "it starts with food".
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm autoimmune, while I haven't gone the full AIP I have gone gluten free now and limited my eggs for the last 6 weeks. It has helped tremendously with some problems. There are some great sites and books out there - Good Luck!
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start the Whole30 plan at the end of the month to help w/my autoimmune issues and headaches. I'm going to be travelling a lot and don't want to set my self up for failure so I plan to incorporate some of the changes the next three weeks and then start full blown once we are home.
  • w1shfulth1nker
    w1shfulth1nker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Dx'd with Hashimoto's at the end of November. I'm doing a kind of slow ramp up to full AIP - I would be full AIP, but I keep finding ingredients that have seed spices or other non-compliant ingredients in it, which frustrates me. I've done two rounds of Whole30 before (when I didn't know I was Hashi), and though it helped a lot, it didn't do enough. Plus, I botched reintroductions. Wishing you all good health for 2016!