How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options
I am so obsessed with weighing myself....and I know that you are not supposed to do it everyday but I totally do!!!! I am not going to lie! :) I know you are supposed to at least do it at the same time....like in the morning..and this is when I do it. But i just wondered if anyone else shares my addiction? :)

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday too. I know lots of people say you shouldn't, but it really helps me stay on track. I weigh every morning around 7:45am right when I wake up, after I've gone to the bathroom but before I eat or drink anything.
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do. But I know that I am going to go up and down, depending on how I ate and whether or not I have gone to the bathroom, so I don't freak out about it. I do it just to make sure that I am on the right track. however, there are days when I weigh myself more than once during the day, and that is just pointless. :)
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    Me. My name is Paula & I am an everyday weigher. Eek! I haven't told anyone else that. I'm trying to break the habit. It's dangerous, bordering on obession. Maybe we should pick 2 days, the same days every week, and then post it then. Scouts honor!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I weigh about once a week.. maybe twice, once on sunday and once on wednesday. If I was to weigh myself everyday I'd go absolutely nuts over all the fluctuations..
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I was an every day weigher for quite some time. Now I'm just sick of my scale quite frankly. I'm resorting to 2x a month. Day 15 of my monthly program (halfway point) and Day 30. Anything beyond that is just an annoyance to me anymore, lol.
  • mitymex
    mitymex Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh myself about 3 times a week, at the same time which is the morning.

SW: 368
    GW: 225
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher! lol And I have no intentions on stopping this habit
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's a myth that you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday UNLESS you have an obsessive and unhealthy disorder.

Studies have shown those who weigh themselves everyday do better for longer and keep it off longer than those who don't.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost everyday. Occasionally I skip a day or two. After all the criticism I've heard towards this habit (or obsession, as some would call it) it hasn't hurt me at all. I've been at this for 6 months, lost 30 pounds and several inches. Mostly what people are saying is that you'll probably get discouraged on the days that the scale doesn't move, or even worse, when it goes back up, but it is entirely up to you to choose how you'll take that result. If you're aware that fluctuation does happen and don't let it get you down so much that you want to give up, then in my opinion you are free to weigh yourself as much as you please!
  • michelle_8106
    michelle_8106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LOL..You sound just like me! haha To a T! :)
  • michelle_8106
    Options
    LOL.....that sounds like a really good Idea! :)
  • jcearth
    jcearth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do it three to four times a day. As long as you understand your body and how your weight fluctuates (and are not freaked out by this), I don't see the harm. I am always of the opinion that information is power.

7980302.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • michelle_8106
    Options
    LOL....LOVE This! :)
  • michelle_8106
    Options
    This is good to know! I always thought that this was a BIG NO No! But I love it!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with Jordaniell. I've been weighing myself daily throughout my weight loss journey, and it definitely helps me to stay on track. I must admit that I have to talk myself through the "bad" weigh-ins by remembering the causes of scale increases (water retention, muscle-building, sodium high, etc.). It never discourages me though - it only ever motivates me to push harder that day in my workout. I know that doesn't work for everyone - some people get really really discouraged when the scale doesn't move... If you think that your personality can handle it, go for it! Weigh as often as you like, but don't use the scale as an excuse to give up! It's only a number, so pay more attention to how your clothes fit... Good luck with however you decide to do it - it's all about what will work best for YOU :-)
  • michelle_8106
    Options
    Thank you! And I am the same way....I think that I can handle it and it pushes me to work harder! :) Good Luck to you!
  • SiobhanDelaney
    SiobhanDelaney Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly on the same scales in the pharmacy. I also note that on my menstrual cycle i can gain a few pounds so dont worry about that too much as it shows the loss the following week. I've a lot of will power so weekly does it for me... Good luck!
  • N3OKI
    N3OKI Posts: 8
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning, after bathroom and shower.